Religious nuts just knocked on my door . . .

13»

Replies

• Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,330 AG
    Jeesh!

Surprised at so many thin skinned people here, who seem to have carelessly left logic behind
    and extended to talking about the scouts, . . . and probably the nice lady from the Salvation
    Army in front of the grocery store.

:huh

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 8,163 Admiral
    The last two that came by were young women with big tiddies and butter faces

We sat and talked a while
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Baits Out wrote: »
    Jeesh!

Surprised at so many thin skinned people here, who seem to have carelessly left logic behind
    and extended to talking about the scouts, . . . and probably the nice lady from the Salvation
    Army in front of the grocery store.

:huh

There is nothing "logical" about being a **** to people who are concerned enough to spend their time seeking nothing more than to improve your time here on the planet.

The mature and well adjusted whose spiritual lives are already fulfilled greet them with politeness and courtesy and thanks.

Those who curse them and treat them with scorn and contempt, may need the lessons in the book they bring the most.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,644 Captain
    Buda and Spineyman post scripture and comment on it's content from time to time here, I always thought in an attempt to convince someone that their religion is a way to a more peaceful and full life. They are always bashed by many here as being religious fanatics and ideologues.
    I'm curious! What is the difference in what they are doing and in what the Jehovah Witnesses did to Baits Out? They all are peddling a religion and proclaiming that theirs is a way to a peaceful and full life. Is is because Baits Out was face to face with them and Buda and Spineyman are posting theirs on a fishing forum?
    I don't have a dog in this fight either way, I just can't see the difference.
    Oh, I would have politely thanked them for taking their time to stop by, but I'm not interested.
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,978 Captain
    jcbcpa wrote: »
    Buda and Spineyman post scripture and comment on it's content from time to time here, I always thought in an attempt to convince someone that their religion is a way to a more peaceful and full life. They are always bashed by many here as being religious fanatics and ideologues.
    I'm curious! What is the difference in what they are doing and in what the Jehovah Witnesses did to Baits Out? They all are peddling a religion and proclaiming that theirs is a way to a peaceful and full life. Is is because Baits Out was face to face with them and Buda and Spineyman are posting theirs on a fishing forum?
    I don't have a dog in this fight either way, I just can't see the difference.
    Oh, I would have politely thanked them for taking their time to stop by, but I'm not interested.

There is no difference. There is no reason to treat either of them badly as Bait would do.
    There is nothing "logical" about being a **** to people who are concerned enough to spend their time seeking nothing more than to improve your time here on the planet.

BS ... they are trying to expand their gang so they will have more money and influence.

naked apes forming tribes to fight over resources is what organized religion is ALL about
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,457 Admiral
    Gardawg wrote: »
    BS ... they are trying to expand their gang so they will have more money and influence.
    Or trying to get a couple notches on their ticket to heaven.

If you are going to knock on my door, on my property, f'en randomly when I am relaxing home, completely ignoring the no soliciting sign at the HOA entrance, you better not be surprised when your greeted with something a tad short of pleasant. I got news for you, I am not sitting around waiting for the door bell to ring so I can be saved or buy a box of your dumb cookies so you can go to a camp this summer.

Ok, in reality it depends on my mood. I'll generally send people on their way after letting them get a sentence or two to pitch whatever they are selling. If I see you coming a couple houses down, then I tend to get worked up beforehand.

Here's the deal. I feel like it is very rude, selfish and an invasion of my privacy to come up to my door and start pitching whatever it is you are selling. The exception would be for girl scouts, boy scouts and kids, but they don't go door to door anymore anyway.

Generally the religious ones will give up right away. I can't stand the tree trimmers/roofers canvasing the neighborhood and the magazine subscription sellers.

Captain Todd Approves

• Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,330 AG
    Buda and Spinyman here are no problem.

They are free to come here and blab all they want, and I am free to ignore them.

When some knucklehead trespasses on my property (clearly marked No Trespassing,
    No Solicitation), and interrupts what I am doing is a different situation, and shall catch my wrath.

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,457 Admiral
    A modified version of this is really the best response...

Captain Todd Approves

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Gardawg wrote: »

naked apes forming tribes to fight over resources is what organized religion is ALL about

Crazy. Who told you that?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,644 Captain

They are free to come here and blab all they want, and I am free to ignore them.

No Solicitation), and interrupts what I am doing is a different situation, and shall catch my wrath.

I agree with you. Let me state my point a different way. They all are doing the same thing, trying to sell you on their religion. Buda and Spineyman are peddling their religion on a fishing forum and they are criticized, mocked and condemned for it and for believing what they believe. Yet, when you post that you would have unleashed your verbal abuse on them, you are considered rude. :shrug
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
    Crazy. Who told you that?

it's patently obvious to anyone who isn't brainwashed as a child

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,711 Captain

It's a strange world.
    Some persons who are bothered by religious on a fishing forum have no problem with religious who disturbs their privacy and even totally in love for religious that want cut their throats :grin.
    Yes, a very very strange world.

I agree with you, better those I can ignore than those I can't.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Choose common sense, boycott political correctness.