Home General Fishing

Welcome to the NEW Women Anglers of Florida Sportsman Section

FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
Well Ladies, we complained and they listened. No more babes in bikini's, unless you are the one posting it. No more bad-taste request from our guys. This is a section now for women (and men-we still love you guys) to enjoy talking and sharing about issues in the outdoors that effect us all, but might has special significance to women. I am looking forward to being the modertator of this old/new section and all the fun that can be had and knowledge that can be shared. Enjoy everyone!
"America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
--Abraham Lincoln

Replies

• Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    I'm sure your efforts will be appreciated, I'll try to do my part in support. :)
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• FishyGirlFishyGirl Posts: 715 Officer
    Thankx Grady-Lady. Yeap, hopefully we can get some more ladies posting up.
    "America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • terrijterrij Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    This is a perfect fit!!!! You will be a great addition to the Florida Sportsman Forum team!!! Great choice admins!!
    If we ever get back on the water, I'll be able to participate more!
    P.S. I used to be redfisher,too, but had to reregister!
  • MMascaroMMascaro Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Great! I was wondering why it felt so dirty in the womens forum. :)
    Follow my Facebook fishing blog - She's A Good Catch: www.facebook.com/ShesAGoodCatch
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    :grin

Now who doesn't enjoy catching a whiff of the ripe scent of testosterone first thing in the morning?

Speaking of which...did anyone notice the number of mods we have for this section?...guess they're anticipating some real rabble rousing goings on. :cool:
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• RapalaGirlRapalaGirl Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hello Ladies, I'm excited to have joined this forum. I am from Canada however have fished Florida specifically the Keys and Boca Grande area quite a few times. My husband and enjoy fishing and have made it our goal to come to Florida fishing at least one a year. I really enjoy reading the blogs and look forward to any insight from you ladies on best locations for vacation/fishing trip for the whole family.
    RapalaGirl - glad to have you. Looking forward to seeing some ice fishing pictures for a change!
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • RapalaGirlRapalaGirl Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hey FishyGirl - Nice to meet you as well. We actually just got back from a day of ice fishing it was -30C (-22F) we managed to only get one lake trout. That being said I much prefer fishing in warmer weather aka Florida.
  • jmpalfijmpalfi Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Hey there! I'm new also :) I'm excited to have found the ladies section of this forum! Hubs and I just got our first boat, we've been sticking them from land and from our canoe for the past few years so the boat is definitely a treat now! We live down in the South Fort Myers/Sanibel area. We both work on Sanibel and that's where we do a majority of our fishing.
    Welcome!
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • SiestaGirlSiestaGirl Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Finally! I fish mostly out of Sarasota, but do fish out of Pensacola from time to time. If any ladies fish those two areas, let me know!
    I love that area. Wow, we are really getting ladies from all over now. If I ever get over there to fish, I will get with you SiestaGirl.

Welcome!
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • TynnaTynna Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hello Ladies,
    A warm greeting from a newbie. I am a NAUI diver who recently fell in love with spearfishing.
    A close friend took me, couple of times, in Florida, at Slough Lake and from that moment I was caught by this virus.
    Anyway, I'm very excited about this idea of women anglers.
    Go ladies !!!
    Tynna, we have several avid divers here, including DiveGirl. Hope you find a warm welcome. We look forward to some great new dive stories. And a Cali girl at that. I am originally from Santa Barbara county.
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • MagicladyMagiclady Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hi Ladies! I am new on this forum and am looking for some advice on East Coast sail fishing...We are taking our boat from St. Petersburg to West Palm the 2nd week of March. Do any of you have recent sail fishing reports? We are new to this and would like some advice on where to get fresh rigged ballyhoo or live bait, and areas that we should concentrate on for fishing. We were thinking about staying at the Sail Fish Marina but would love recommendations from the group. We prefer to stay on the Palm Beach side of the inlet if anyone can suggest a good spot.
    Sail fish marina is nice. I taught at a ladies lets go fishing there once. I am no help to you with sails, since we are mainly inshore, but I am sure others can chime in with assistatnce.

Welcome!
    --Abraham Lincoln
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    FishyGirl wrote: »
    Well Ladies, we complained and they listened. No more babes in bikini's, unless you are the one posting it. No more bad-taste request from our guys. This is a section now for women (and men-we still love you guys) to enjoy talking and sharing about issues in the outdoors that effect us all, but might has special significance to women. I am looking forward to being the modertator of this old/new section and all the fun that can be had and knowledge that can be shared. Enjoy everyone!

Im glad this was fixed it was embarrassing !
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    As a husband - dad with daughter and grandaughters it's been a blessing introducing them to all things outdoors. I always told my daughter enjoy the bikinl days, just be sure to remember the sun is not very kind with too much exposure. So it became very amusing that so many fish pics (everywhere) pictured the lady in the smallest of attire, while the dude with her (or dude pics in general), featured us with face masks, gloves, long sleeves & long pants. Don't get me wrong - I love to see gals in bikinis etc. just thought the comparison was heavily skewed. Many times looking at the tiny bikini - we'd joke, oh yes there is a fush in the picture. All with respect fish on and enjoy life!
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • DoormatDoormat Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Hi. :). I am a novice... This is actually my first post, I have been reading and watching videos trying to teach myself how to fish. I live in Jacksonville FL. My hubby and I moved here a year ago. He looks at fishing as an engineering problem. Lol. I am the one who drags him along for the sport of it :)
  • softbutchharleysoftbutchharley Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Just found this side of the forum :)
    I'll post one from 3 weeks ago... I live in Navarre and fish that pier/surf/sound and have a restored 14.5 ft 1960 Lonestar called the Ann Bonny ;) I see no one has posted here for a while....If I see some activity I'll be glad to participate...........
    Hitting the east river Tuesday and waiting to get my first Cobia from the pier in March.
    ONE.............
    “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”
    ― Desmond Tutu
  • SaltyGirlSaltyGirl Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Can anyone recommend a reputable guide/charter for some bay fishing in the Cape Coral area?
    You may want to move your question about guides to the west coast section. Probably get a better response.
    --Abraham Lincoln