Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

3 to 5 @ 9 seconds... Who's going out!

Seems like a good day to be on the water. I wait all year for these numbers.

I'll be out at 530 back by noon in my 17 key West.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Replies

• BluewaterfeverBluewaterfever Posts: 448 Deckhand
    Going out of Port about the same time. Going to try a little live bait trolling and see what happens. Part of the small boat fleet tomorrow as well,17' Mako
    Dumb Fish Die First
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,243 AG
    THought about it, but thought about the traffic at the ramp, plus i have a honey do list a mile long.
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • redspot321redspot321 Posts: 62 Greenhorn
    Got a late start. Hit the inlet at approx 7am. There were 5 ft walls in the inlet and was 3 to 5 nearshore at about 5 second intervals.

Turned back and fished the flats for a couple small snook, trout and 20in flounder.

The 10 min spent offshore and ride through the inlet was sobering. I'll stick to 1 to 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    Wind against tide can suck in a inlet. Call those waves deadmen because they aren't even moving.
    I normally pined it and got on top of them, but with a 17' I'd try to go around them.
  • BluewaterfeverBluewaterfever Posts: 448 Deckhand
    No traffic at the ramp, 0600, to speak of as well. Looked for pogies inside the port, nada. Proceeded to try and find a triple tail on the buoys, not a bite but lots of small baits and pinfish. Kept a few for live bait trolling, tried that for about an hour and didn't get a bite either. Stayed within 10 miles of the port untill noon when i put the boat back on the trailer.
    It was a little sporty but definitely doable. Looked around for weeds, debris and color change but the water was very dirty. No fish, saw bait inside the bight mid morning.
    Dumb Fish Die First
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,609 Captain
    I used to call 3-5ft forecast 3-to fish. Now with two total knee replacements and a bad back I stay on the porch. But man did the grouper chew on those sloppy days.