Banded Geese

2»

Replies

• cc13cc13 Posts: 535 Officer
    yep. the south now has canadas resident year round. it is okay. I like having them and seeing and hearing them. it is better than not having them. a bb gun will provide a little entertainment as you train them to stay away from your dock. and if I ever get a mind to shoot one during season, I may just try one on the cooker. not a big deal.....
  • eddiejoeeddiejoe Posts: 602 Officer
    cc13 wrote: »
    yep. the south now has canadas resident year round. it is okay. I like having them and seeing and hearing them. it is better than not having them. a bb gun will provide a little entertainment as you train them to stay away from your dock. and if I ever get a mind to shoot one during season, I may just try one on the cooker. not a big deal.....

Well, we have them, like it or not. I love wildlife if native, but these guys are introduced, and no care was taken to manage the results of that introduction. They cost local governments and the private sector millions in cleanup and they are becoming about like feral hogs or Muscovy ducks. IMO, unlike the wild turkey repopulation effort, this one was not scientifically based and really a result in Florida of two guys playing Johnny Appleseed with geese.

I also don't like releasing non native fish either.

EJ