Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

May 13th, CR-ish

Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
:banghead So, mr gl's reading this little publication from FWC called Fishing Regulations. Guess what? Inshore slam, certificate from FWC and colorful shirt = flounder, check - spotted seatrout, check - red drum, check - 24 hour period, check. Pictures to document? nope.

:grin

Cool memories? yep :fishing

Leaving the dock without camera in the paddlecraft again? nope
I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Ain't that the way it always goes....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • FishesmanFishesman Posts: 418 Deckhand
    Now you have a goal to work towards.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    You have done it once, you'll do it again!
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    Thanks for the encouragement. :) Surely do want one of them 'colorful shirts'.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,209 Moderator
    Cool ! thanks. I'm this to moving to general if you don't mind. :cool:
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    Don't mind at all - it was a dumb way to try and make a report anyway. :grin

What I should have said:

On Friday, May 13th - After three years of trying, finally caught a redfish from the kayak along some backwater off the Salt River. Had a big debate with myself about whether or not to keep it. Figured it might bring me better luck (good karma) another day, so I let it go. Btw - also caught a keeper trout and a barely legal flounder, same day, roughly same area. All released, no pics. Found out later that's what's called an inshore slam. Pretty lucky all right, just didn't know it at the time.

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,209 Moderator
    I thought I reading that in there . :cool: Now it's on both. :grin
    "You'll get your weather"