Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

African Safari amazing deal for those who walk on the wild side - 2 hunters, 2 observ

BettyBetty Posts: 82 Greenhorn
We have an African safari on our auction and will let it go at a ridiculous low price. It is on the Ladies, Let's Go Fishing home page google us and you will find it. For 2 hunters and 2 observers, includes meals, lodging and 6 days hunting with a private guide, the 4 of you go in your own truck. Hunting for blesbok, impala (their version of deer) or warthog and you can upgrade to other species. South Africa. You don't need to be an experienced hunter. It's a $10,000 safari for $2400 starting bid (only $600 pp) Airfare not included but you might be able to get it for something like $1300, not bad for how far it is. Additional is the fee to pick you up at Johannesburg airport, look at the listing. The lodge is far away from the negative things on TV about Africa. You are not targeting lions but you might see one, plus see zebras, giraffes, elephants... There is no comparison to walking amongst these beasts versus looking at them from a bus full of tourists.

I know people who went to this lodge and it was an unforgettable amazing experience, plus you can see other places in Africa. Good through 2017. Message me or email me through our website. There are other things on the auction too for e bids such as fishing trips, Bahamas lodging, trolling motor, Talon and such.

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,851 Moderator
    Interesting website.

When does the auction end?

EDIT: Not sure I'd have much interest in the three species available, but that's a cool item to have up for sale. We have toyed with the idea, but boy the money (and headaches apparently) seem to stack up. Think I'll just wait until I'm rich and famous... then pay somebody to figure the WHOLE thing out for me. Ah... the things that never seem to happen.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • BettyBetty Posts: 82 Greenhorn
    Auction ends when someone makes a bid that is acceptable. It's a wild card auction. Hunters can upgrade to other species.
  • melvindajockamomelvindajockamo Posts: 148 Deckhand
    And you go hunt these for food, right?
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 1,181 Officer
    Of course, they feed the locals with the animals harvested.
  • melvindajockamomelvindajockamo Posts: 148 Deckhand
    https://www.thedodo.com/does-hunting-help-conservation-1389284014.html

Trophy Hunting in South Africa - It does not do what you may think. Don't drink the Kool-Aid! Interesting, wasn't Jonestown where they drank the Kool-Aid and died?
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    https://www.thedodo.com/does-hunting-help-conservation-1389284014.html

Trophy Hunting in South Africa - It does not do what you may think. Don't drink the Kool-Aid! Interesting, wasn't Jonestown where they drank the Kool-Aid and died?

This may be news to you but, Jonestown and Johannesburg are 2 different places.

Don't know your favorite flavor of Kool-aid but, there are many real examples, especially in S Africa, of the hunting industry directly benefiting not only the local community, but the local wildlife population as well. Safari hunting is not my cup of tea, but it has been a positive force in helping the locals see wildlife management as a worthwhile investment, rather than a hinderance to other land uses.
  • buckfeverbuckfever Posts: 171 Deckhand
    lol, The Cecil the lion fans just don't get it. Just look at elephant populations in relation to hunting, I believe that Kenya has lost 80-90% of the elephants since banning their hunts. Its either a nuance animal destroying crops or a cash cow worth more than the crops.
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,492 Captain
    And you go hunt these for food, right?

My buddy just got back from south Africa and specifically the place that lion was killed and said the people in that part of the country are loosing there jobs and poaching is on the rise now because there is no big game hunting . And he does not like hunting at all and called me the other day to tell me he was sorry for how miss informed he was about how it really works over there . Trophy hunting supports all the native people in most those countries . If it was not for people hunting over there their would almost be no animals left they would kill everything off .
    living life as i like
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,492 Captain
    buckfever wrote: »
    lol, The Cecil the lion fans just don't get it. Just look at elephant populations in relation to hunting, I believe that Kenya has lost 80-90% of the elephants since banning their hunts. Its either a nuance animal destroying crops or a cash cow worth more than the crops.

People like whacko will never get it
    living life as i like