Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Heading out on Sat

MAN, I sure feel good today, looking forward to getting out tomorrow and bringing something on the deck......weather is looking great, I hope everyone is getting out this weekend and has fun......quite excited for this weekend. Try and get me some cobia.

Replies

• Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,961 Captain
    There's supposed to be a cool front rolling in and bringing some wind this weekend it looks like. Big surprise right? :)
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,609 Captain
    I just called off an offshore trip with Fishesman for tomorrow. It looks like the west winds are going to build up throughout the day. Not a good day for a long offshore run. Not dangerous, but sloppy whenever there is a long W or NW fetch and a 10-15 mph breeze. Stay near shore and you should be OK.
  • wvinfl12wvinfl12 Posts: 248 Deckhand
    YEAH, go figure...........all week it was looking great and then come this morning, everything is calling for those winds and higher seas than what was being said as of late yesterday...........sooooooooooooooooo, taking that into consideration, I might be waiting until next weekend. These late week fronts kill me.............seems like we are stuck in this 7 day cycle where it messes up the weekend waters.......then during the week is perfect.........killing me Smalls. I am going to have to think about this for a bit before cancelling.........looking so forward to getting out this weekend.