When is lobster season in Bahamas ?

MGDMGD Posts: 1,025 Officer
Thanks

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,964 Captain
    Crawfish season in the Bahamas is from August 1st to March 31st.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• MGDMGD Posts: 1,025 Officer
    Thanks
  • GRSCGRSC Posts: 933 Officer
    And for the locals selling on the docks, summer crab season from April 1st to July 31st. :rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,508 Admiral
    Whenever I go over. :wink
  • Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,268 Officer
    Keep in mind our Lobster season also has to be open if you plan to bring any back. Unless they have recently changed it, but doubt it.
  • Jim BoydJim Boyd Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Summer crabs can = big problems.

I saw a guy handcuffed to a tree one time just because he bought lobsters out of season from a local.

Berry Islands.

Best of luck!
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,964 Captain
    Jim Boyd wrote: »
    Summer crabs can = big problems.

I saw a guy handcuffed to a tree one time just because he bought lobsters out of season from a local.

Berry Islands.

Best of luck!

People that are probably law abiding citizens seem to lose their minds when it comes to Crawfish. You see it in the Keys every year and the Bahamas also. I don't get it. I personally would rather eat fresh fish.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Jim BoydJim Boyd Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    i don't recall all the specifics - this was around 99 or 00 or so - but the gist of it was that the constable (or whatever his title was) was making the point... I am going after the Americans why BUY the lobsters out of season.... If you guys don't buy, there will be no reason for the locals to catch the lobsters in the first place.

Seems to me he bought a dozen for $30 or so.

He was eventually released with no charges but the point was made clear.

We never bought any more after that - but, no it was not anyone in my party that was in trouble.
  • SlipkidSlipkid Posts: 241 Officer
    I read on this or the other site that sometime not too long ago they were told by the customs lady on Spanish that so and so was selling summer crab down by the dock and there was a Bahamian defense boat checking every vessel leaving Spanish. No way am I buying summer crab over there. Or anytime actually. I hate seeing a local come in with fish and shellfish laying in the bottom of the boat baking in the sun. And then when they clean them....
    2003 Viking 45C
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    All I have to say is good
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin