What a week......

Left MB a week ago yesterday.

Back to the ATL, got a few things done, buddy comes in from NC on Thu. afternoon, we headed out to the airport Fri. morning for a 10:30 a.m. flt. to DAL. Arrived, headed to Sulfer Springs, TX to visit w/ youngest Son, spent time w/ him and his family, had dinner on the downtown square, a very impressive square I might add, w/ memorials to every war that we have fought in. Then headed down to , remember this is still Friday, to Lindale, TX to meet up w/ friends at Joy's best friend's for a Celebration of Life for Joy on Saturday. Back to DAL on Sunday morning flying to the ATL, then south to MB yesterday. It's been a roller coaster in more ways than I can describe.

The get together in Lindale was kind of an annual thing, but this year was made a Celebration of Life in Joy's memory. She had spent the most of her life pre tk in the Dallas/Irving area and of course had many friends who have over the years become my friends as well, and for the most part couldn't come out for the funeral. To complicate things even more, the word had come out last Friday that the memorial reef deployment, scheduled for today wouldn't happen until later in May. Two of her friends had reservations to fly out to FL for that. No big deal, just......

The Celebration of Life went off very well. Everyone had "Joy Stories". One of the hits that everyone laughed about was, and this was always a great consternation to me living it was "Joy never saw a POSTED SIGN that did not say "except for Joy". She always wanted to see what was on the other side. It was a great get together w/ friends, a lot of laughs and a lot of tears. All good.

Monday, back in MB. Charged boat batteries today, and hope to get out tomorrow, and maybe get a good nights sleep in between.

Really, hug your Bride today, and tell her you love her. I mean that.

tk

Replies