Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

NAS AirShow this weekend

Been thinking of taking the boat and parking it somewhere near NAS and watching the airshow this coming weekend. Is this a good idea and how are the views? And do they post a no boating zone other than what they already have in the area? Thanks
Don Naber
USAF (Retired)
Middleburg, FL.
God Bless America, And All That Serve This Great Nation

Replies

• reedreed Posts: 322 Officer
    Friday would be the best day. Its the Military day that is not open to the public. You can see everything from the end of the runway. They do have the water closed for a hundred yds or so after the runway but you can anchor off to the side . It won't be as crowded on Fri. Sat and Sunday it will be a madhouse even on the water.

Even if its close qtrs anchoring you will have a much better time watching on your boat than you would fighting traffic and people on the base!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madashellmadashell Posts: 816 Officer
    dnaber wrote: »
    Been thinking of taking the boat and parking it somewhere near NAS and watching the airshow this coming weekend. Is this a good idea and how are the views? And do they post a no boating zone other than what they already have in the area? Thanks

It's the only way in my opinion to watch them. Go anchor up and hold on. You won't regret it.
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Went a few years ago - we had a raft up with some forum members. You can anchor right on the approach to the runway - I have some neat shots somewhere of the Blue Angels right overhead. There will be hundreds of boats there though!

Last year my daughter's JNROTC unit got to go there on the Friday and get up close and personal with everything and everyone. I'll post some pics later.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Great show by water. I have been going since I was a kid.
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,405 Captain
    I thought it was at the beach this year???
    Its the 100th anniversary so NAS won out. Can't wait, I love this show.
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,405 Captain
    gotcha...that's cool. It never gets old.
    You going by boat?