Skip to main content
Home Photography Corner

*** Very nasty Computer VIRUS***

redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
DNS UnLocker
I had it for 3 days, and although I was safe on locked sites such as FB, it wreaketd holy friggin havoc when I was on the "open 'net." Things I learned were this. Dont let anything Adobe automatically update. ONLY use software home sites for downloads, NEVER third party sites. Blah blah blah. I carry a thumbdrive, and that was handy, because I had to have a friend download Malware Bytes, AdwCleaner, and I also used a friends copy of Vipre.Running off the thumb drive was essential, because I couldnt dl anything. Avg didn't see it, somehow windows defender was rendered off. After all three programs ran their scans and disposal, I still had to reset browsers. Chromium is a very nasty entity, and I have yet been able to remove it as it shows to be "unavailable" when I try to delete it in Add/Remove Programs. Everything I have read tells me it returns. l have my fingers crossed. It made its way to a zillion dll files, and it was not able to be removed from the programs setting, showing "unavailable"; but after the second day, it no longer even appeared. devious is what comes to mind. I am now running Vipre antivirus, but I don't really trust it because it didn't see the problem I had, actually AdwCleaner did the best job. That being said, I am going to try to find a better anti-virus. Tell me your favorite.

26210296965_2f500f63ac_c.jpgWhite Pelicans and friends by dewingedangel, on Flickr

[URL="[url=https://flic.kr/p/FmGECj][img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1520/25832178290_e372900cee_c.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/FmGECj]Untitled[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/]dewingedangel[/url], on Flickr"][/url]25832178290_e372900cee_c.jpgUntitled by dewingedangel, on Flickr
Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............

Replies

• mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    virus aside....
    great images, the pelicans and spoonie is a really nice shot............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • GlennGlenn Tallahassee, FLPosts: 1,758 Captain
    Yep nice photos!

I love my Apple...:)
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,569 Captain
    Times two, Glenn!
    Jim
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
    Ahhhhhhh. If only I did not have monetary restrictions that preclude me from going Mac, or spend my money on glass. Alas I usually make the wrong decision, but for some reason, that keeps me happy. Most of the time. :) I think I got that nasty thing off my computer; I was sharing that with y'all to let you know it's out there. I don't know where I picked it up, usually I try to be careful. Took my smart friends to lead me down the right path, and along with their good advice and good luck, I think. I'm good. I dl'ed Avast, and I like their secure browser, with no slowdowns. On a side note, thankyou for the nice comments. :)
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,397 Captain
    I could easily support caning for virus creators and capital punishment wouldn't be a hard sell. Glad to hear you got it cleaned up.
    I'm with ya Chuck. I don't know why those kids with all that talent waste their time generating a virus. Im sure they could make a lot of good money using that talent in a more positive direction. Writing code is no cake walk. Thanks
    Suz

• GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 14,755 AG
    redsgurl wrote: »
    I'm with ya Chuck. I don't know why those kids with all that talent waste their time generating a virus. Im sure they could make a lot of good money using that talent in a more positive direction. Writing code is no cake walk. Thanks

can't sell a anti-virus without a virus generating demand
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
    Gardawg wrote: »
    can't sell a anti-virus without a virus generating demand

true. but with so many effective free anti viral and malware programs out there, it seems to me they could do something to generate more money with a mainstream product people would want.
    Suz

Well, all you Mac users; you may want to run a malware check. One of the guys from another of the sites I frequent ran a third party software and he found he too had malware. :hairraiser
    Suz

• FlashFlash Posts: 12,090 AG
    redsgurl wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhh. If only I did not have monetary restrictions that preclude me from going Mac, or spend my money on glass. Alas I usually make the wrong decision, but for some reason, that keeps me happy. Most of the time. :) I think I got that nasty thing off my computer; I was sharing that with y'all to let you know it's out there. I don't know where I picked it up, usually I try to be careful. Took my smart friends to lead me down the right path, and along with their good advice and good luck, I think. I'm good. I dl'ed Avast, and I like their secure browser, with no slowdowns. On a side note, thankyou for the nice comments. :)

Not so sure, got a friend that is having problems with his mac right now. They are not fool proof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield