125,000 years ago...

1235»

Replies

• ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,831 Captain
    riverdiver wrote: »
    Just kicking this to the top, I'm interested in his solar setup. And electric car.
    I'm really eager to learn about the plan to reverse global warming and save the planet.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,417 Admiral
    riverdiver wrote: »
    Just kicking this to the top, I'm interested in his solar setup. And electric car.

About a year ago I offered $500 to the first mmgw disciple who traded in all their vehicles for new electric and installed a whole house photovoltaic system. No takers :shrug

Offer is renewed today.
  • WraithWraith Posts: 1,653 Captain
    Still lying to yourself?

China has overtaken the US in total pollution, but has ~1.36 BILLION people vs. our ~319 MILLION.

Americans still consume & pollute more per person than any other nationality.

But China still pollutes more. At the end of the day, that is all that matters.
    SLOP, (Standard Liberal Operating Procedure).
  • ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,831 Captain
    Wraith wrote: »
    But China still pollutes more. At the end of the day, that is all that matters.
    So now we're talking about "pollution"? I thought it was global warming... Either way, China pollutes more and also releases more CO2, which means that although China is dirtier and more unhealthy, Chinese vegetation should be happy. CO2- It's What Plants CRAVE!!!
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Mel should cite something to support his personal opinion so readers can see what kind of "koolaid" he guzzles.

Mel needs a new crystal ball b/c his "Ridiculous" speculation about "getting out of the country" marks him as blind, deaf & mute. The smart money says I've probably traveled a lot more than Mel & Mel knows squat about "every other country".

For instance, Russia is nearly twice the size of US, but the US has nearly 4 times the population density.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/american-consumption-habits/

http://www.prb.org/Publications/Articles/2006/LifestyleChoicesAffectUSImpactontheEnvironment.aspx

Did you actually read those posts?
    What SA failed to point out is the fact that yes, we Americans have used more resources, but what did we do with them? We helped to not only feed the world but used those resources to make peoples lives easier and more prosperous.
    Can you name a great invention that came out of a Brazilian rain forest tribe??
    I know it pains you and others to say anything good about this country,,, but at least give it a try.
    By the way, I have traveled to many countries and not as a tourist. And there is not one that I had rather live in than this one.:wink
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,