Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

2016 artificials only season is underway! (VIDEO)

https://youtu.be/6tlhbFzK1tk
Last night was the first tournament and We had a good showing. I broke my phone and had to run away from a storm. We ended up with 2 small trout. Luckily the bite was a bit slow for everyone. Hope everyone made it home safe.
Please enjoy the video and stay tuned for more awesome action!

Replies

• big baitbig bait Posts: 426 Deckhand
    when are the tournaments, I want to get in?
    wayne
  • D.R.R.P.D.R.R.P. Posts: 262 Officer
    big bait wrote: »
    when are the tournaments, I want to get in?
    wayne
    They are every other wednesday night. The next meeting is at the palm valley ramp on 4/13/2016.... I think.
    Search wednesday night tournaments on facebook for more info if you can.
  • jawrayjawray Posts: 360 Deckhand
    Nice video. Did you know Deftones are coming to amphitheater?
  • big baitbig bait Posts: 426 Deckhand
    D.R.R.P. wrote: »
    They are every other wednesday night. The next meeting is at the palm valley ramp on 4/13/2016.... I think.
    Search wednesday night tournaments on facebook for more info if you can.

thanks ill be there..
  • mav015mav015 Posts: 45 Deckhand
    How serious are these tournaments?
    What's the entry?
    I would like to get in but haven't done a ton of fishing in JAX don't wanna get laughed at.
    Thanks for the info.
    jawray wrote: »
    Nice video. Did you know Deftones are coming to amphitheater?
    Thanks! And yes I did see they are scheduled in St. Auggie. I love them live but I am getting too old to handle the crowds these days.
    mav015 wrote: »
    How serious are these tournaments?
    What's the entry?
    I would like to get in but haven't done a ton of fishing in JAX don't wanna get laughed at.
    Thanks for the info.
    They are very relaxed and fun. Some of the guys are too cool for school, What I mean by that is... If you don't have a 50k+ boat they wont talk to you and assume you have no idea what you are doing. But for the most part the guys are cool. Come on the "13th" and find me. I will be the *** hat filming everything with the old yellow backcountry playing music too loud.
    I will introduce you to the right folks.
    No one! will make fun of you...If they do Ill hit em. I fish jax all the time "with artificials" and We came up with two dink trout this week, on a really good tide too! We got stuck in the rain and didn't even make it to the weigh in.... Its 3 hrs, anything can happen.
    25.00 a boat, 2 persons max per boat, all artificials, Best/heaviest of two red,trout,flounder. 1 fish wins if no one else catches two, two trumps 1 even if its heavier than both fish.
    Next tourney, we are in palm valley so I am in the same boat you are... I have fished there for about 2 hrs ever.
    for more info search (Wednesday night tournaments) on facebook. Let me know if you need anything else.
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Posts: 1,363 Officer
    cool stuff!
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!
    cool stuff!
    Thanks!
    Sounds good
    If I can get out of work early Ill be there
    I have a 22 ft scout, yellow hull.
    Hopefully ill see you there.

Thanks
    mav015 wrote: »
    Sounds good
    If I can get out of work early Ill be there
    I have a 22 ft scout, yellow hull.
    Hopefully ill see you there.

Thanks
    If your a bit late don't sweat it. They are cool about it.
  • FinsOut904FinsOut904 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Awesome boat bud. I'm working on purchasing 161 currently. Are you running the 169?
  • rookiemistakerookiemistake Posts: 1,176 Officer
    Can we get a post of the places and dates here please? No facebook here
  • rusandleerusandlee Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Iam going to try and fish some with u guys. Did a few tournaments with y'all a few years ago when I had my 18 sailfish flats. Always had a great time see ya soon
    21 hewes redfisher
    FinsOut904 wrote: »
    Awesome boat bud. I'm working on purchasing 161 currently. Are you running the 169?
    Yes, That is an 2001 169 BC it still has the 161 weight sticker rated for 90hp Built in Sarasota FL.
    It has been an awesome machine, It can probably perform better than I can use it.
    Can we get a post of the places and dates here please? No facebook here

The next tourney is next week. 04/13/2016 at 5:00 "Meeting" at the palm valley ramp.
    I took the day off to do an interview with one of the anglers, I will be down there pretty early. Find me and I will get you saved in my phone and keep you updated.
    We tend to switch it around sometimes anyway, Depending on tides and weather. We will switch locations and dates accordingly.
    rusandlee wrote: »
    Iam going to try and fish some with u guys. Did a few tournaments with y'all a few years ago when I had my 18 sailfish flats. Always had a great time see ya soon
    Always fun to compete!
  • Sea TacticsSea Tactics Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Definitely gonna check this out.