Home Off Topic

3 teen girls dead after leaving police on a wacky slow speed car chase. TDB

13»

Replies

• DemereDemere Posts: 1,464 Officer
    One theory is that there is good in everybody. Everybody can be redeemed. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance (and a 3rd, 4th, etc). All unnecessary loss of life is tragic. Another theory is that some people need killing. Everybody has to draw their own line. In this case these girls committed suicide. No blame on anybody but themselves.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,757 AG
    Demere wrote: »
    One theory is that there is good in everybody. Everybody can be redeemed. Everybody deserves a 2nd chance (and a 3rd, 4th, etc). All unnecessary loss of life is tragic. Another theory is that some people need killing. Everybody has to draw their own line. In this case these girls committed suicide. No blame on anybody but themselves.

If you are speaking literally, suicide in incorrect.

It was “pitch black” in the cemetery around 4 a.m. as the girls, going 25 to 30 mph drove off a winding road and into the pond, Gualtieri said.

- See more at: http://www.tbo.com/news/crime/deputies-stolen-vehicle-in-st-pete-pond-divers-searching-for-occupants-20160331/#sthash.ZJqDfuMn.dpuf
    Vote for the other candidate
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    If you are speaking literally, suicide in incorrect.

It was “pitch black” in the cemetery around 4 a.m. as the girls, going 25 to 30 mph drove off a winding road and into the pond, Gualtieri said.

- See more at: http://www.tbo.com/news/crime/deputies-stolen-vehicle-in-st-pete-pond-divers-searching-for-occupants-20160331/#sthash.ZJqDfuMn.dpuf

At that speed i am sure they could see where they were going. There is way too much light pollution in the area to say it was “pitch black” out.
  • Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,361 Officer
    Heatwave wrote: »
    How long before the protests start ? Police should have saved them, they were just kids out trying to have fun and ended up scared because they felt threatened by the police ! It is coming.... Bet your $10 rock on it...

Well I wish you were wrong but, I give it a week.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    coldair wrote: »
    whenever a liberal does not like the truth the first thing they do is shout "you're a racist"

That is the truth, I think more so the ultra Racist... If you are a heavy Set, Gay, Black Jewish Lady anything you state cannot be argued as you always have the racist card to pull. Seen it on an HBO special. She is a producer and complained about not (equal amount of Blacks and women on the set). As if a movie that is about a rich white family should have half of a wedding reception black. And the Limo driver was not allowed to be black as they created a STANDARD.. She got her way in many situations because if you go against her, you must be a racist...

Not bitter.... Just stating a situation... for proof...
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    Well I wish you were wrong but, I give it a week.

I dont know now... You would think something like this would have been big already. Slipped thru the cracks somewhat. The South does not protest this stuff as much as Baltimore, Chicago, etc... Even the guy in Jupiter shot should be big news and ended up only local. Had it happen up north, it would be national. I actually feel for that situation... Black Guy in Jupiter shot by unmarked... Seems a little off... Don't even know the full story so really can't comment.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    coldair wrote: »
    ....whenever a liberal does not like the truth the first thing they do is shout "you're a racist"

I'm Republican. And was one when you were a kid in Rahway.

I know you as well as I do the inclinations of those others who use the site to broadcast their inclinations frequently as a strange sort of statement of racial pride. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

I am not surprised that you are the first person to offer that term in your own defense without direct accusation.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,862 AG
    It's no secret coldair is a proud bigot
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    And there is nothing wrong with wearing that appellation with pride.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Racism is not the issue - discrimination based on race is.

I don't care if, for whatever reason, a guy doesn't like blacks, whites, Asian, Eskimos, hell even Irish. Whether I like it or not a person has the right to believe and think what they want.

Discriminating on the basis of race is what needs to be stamped out.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,235 Captain
    Local newspaper says it was a man driving, and 2 teen-age girls as passengers. Maybe I read it wrong, but don't think so.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    Demere wrote: »

Not sure why anyone would think it was suicide. I went over there today to show my visiting uncle where it happened. The girls were unfamiliar with the area. The "pond" looks nothing like what most people think a pond should look like. It looks like a large flat green grassy area. At night it would look like an ordinary flat grassy land. It is all that stood between them and the adjacent I275. They were likely thinking they were home free if they could zip across what essentially appeared to be a field. These girls were playing a cat/mouse game with the police knowing they would not be chased.

As far as theories go, I believe stupid people no matter there age will do stupid things and sometime suffer horrific consequences to include death. The laws of physics apply to everyone equally. I believe the stupid will be punished, some more so than others which was the case here.

When these knuckleheads were out blasting through red lights was the real danger to the public. It wasn't long ago at the intersection of MLK and 22nd Av N. when a visiting father and his three adult sons were returning from a movie at Muvico downtown St Pete when a young man from the southside decided to go south on MLK at 90+ mph (35 mph zone) and T-boned their rental car killing them instantly. The wife/mother went home from their vacation alone.
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 6,011 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    Weird story indeed.
    Stolen or borrowed car :huh ?
    Maybe some dash cam footage, if availbable, will help to understand.

Anyway very sad looking at the pics of the three girls, practically children with already seven arrests in career :shrug.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    Pinellas County has some pretty stupid no pursuit regulations.

Apparently in Pinellas you can just follow them until they get to a pond.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,078 Admiral
    A lot faster than Spike Strips...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • kayak99kayak99 Posts: 80 Greenhorn
    Many places around the country have non-pursuit policies. Pursuing at high speed often causes more trouble than the original crime including death. Police ended the high speed chase but they were spotted by other cops and followed. These girls were evading the police on many levels and it appears they thought they could run across a field of grass onto I-275. They could have stopped at any time. These girls caused their own deaths. No one to blame but themselves. The color of their skin is irrelevant and played no role in this pursuit.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral

P.S. Sorry for the pedantry, it was a Colecchio Syndrome attack :grin

:rotflmao