Home Off Topic

Patty Duke. Dead.

2»

Replies

• navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    How about NO as I've posted?

Celebrity obits are pretty common and not a big deal. Are you just angry no one did one for Jeb! ?

:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    How about NO as I've posted?

"NO" you don't care? Got it. Then why ask the question? When you answer a question ambiguously, then I get to interpret the answer however I wish. I gave you several chances to answer the question(s) in complete sentences.

Now answer my second question.

Oh, and I answered YOUR question regarding my motivation in #8. Don't tell me you knew she was dead before you read this thread. Thanks for playing. :grin
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    No.

And yes. I did know.

So why have you adopted this role? Why is it important to you do be the silver surfer of dead celebrities?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain
    I'd Do Her.
    How long has she been dead..

She died of sepsis of a a ruptured intestine. Probably didn't smell too good.
    No.

And yes. I did know.

More classic Gary ambiguity.

So why have you adopted this role? Why is it important to you do be the silver surfer of dead celebrities?

I have no idea what a silver surfer is. short of that minor factoid aI answered your question. Please see #8. Let's see how did you say it? Oh, ya, something about expectation and getting the answer as you were expecting to get it.........
    Do you want to engage in this this explanation of why you think this is entertaining to post death notices on a fishing BBS or not?

I understand your aversion to do so, and don't want to embarrass you. So it's ok of you decline.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Do you want to engage in this this explanation of why you think this is entertaining to post death notices on a fishing BBS or not?

I understand your aversion to do so, and don't want to embarrass you. So it's ok of you decline.

Instead of giving people crap about what they post in OT about what they want to post OT, how about you post something meaningful about real issues and WHY FS blocked negative posts about the feckless sea pigs during the Sea Pig Wars instead of giving members crap? Where were you then? Were you part of the problem or part of the solution? This site blocked a lot of Standing Watch posts...........where were you and where did you stand there?
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?217933-Delisting-sea-cows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :huh I was a member of Standing Watch.

I was standing on the deck of Bert's at their rally in Matlacha. I have the photos of it around somewhere.

None of their posts were "blocked".

I spoke at countless FWS hearings in West Palm, Tampa, Ft. Myers and most recently in Everglades City for the last AIP hearings for the ENP.

I didn't see you at any of those hearings.

What does that have to do with making a hobby out of posting obituaries on a fishing BBS?

Oh, sorry I should have looked at the time of your post and it's coherency of composition. :)

• MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain

I was standing on the deck of Bert's at their rally in Matlacha.

Was Pinky still tending bar back then?

:funnypost Gary, I answered your question, so decline, ah no. It is not embarrassing. Why would it be embarrassing to be entertained? It is simple entertainment value. I struck on something that can sometimes be funny - the comments. Look at how I got you to entertain me for close to a day. It is boring sitting in airports all day or running hydrologic simulations. Thanks for participating in my entertainment.

A better question is why are you so annoyed by it? It is certainly more entertaining than many of the threads presented therein. Thanks for playing.
    Its a simple question; why?

It does not require a complex answer or evasion.

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    Why does it matter so Gary?

:Horse

Are we just trying to boost the post count on this one?
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    It seems that reporting deaths of celebrities and the like is standard practice for just about every news outlet. It's something to talk about.

This is an "off topic" forum.

I'm more curious as to why someone would be interested in someone else's interest in posting such material.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    It seems that reporting deaths of celebrities and the like is standard practice for just about every news outlet. It's something to talk about.

I must confess I read the obituaries from my hometown newspaper up north, and I've been in Florida since '83.
    Its a simple question; why?

I answered "why?" Please see numbers: eight and forty three.

Oh, and expect more. I don't see a reason to stop just because it bothers you.

This is an "off topic" forum.

I'm more curious as to why someone would be interested in someone else's interest in posting such material.

:funnypost :Agree
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    "why?"

I felt compelled to respond as to why "I" read obits. When I read about the deaths of persons close to my age it gives me cause for reflection about my own mortality. With regard to celebs I find it interesting to know what their last movie was or sometimes reflect (with others) on the characters they portrayed.
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    We all apparently have the right to Gary's opinion. Offered over and over and over again like some insolent toddler.
    Chuckc wrote: »
    We all apparently have the right to Gary's opinion. Offered over and over and over again like some insolent toddler.

What opinion?

The implied opinion that WE need not post obits is the current one it seems.
    ohhhhhhh ....implied opinion

I didn't remember offering one. I even went back through the thread to check.

So your opinion is that I implied an opinion when I didn't offer one?

My opinion is that you love to beat a dead horse much of the time and possess what looks much like a superiority complex from my perspective. Better?

I may be wrong of course but that's my opinion at the moment. I was one who chimed in with the let Gary come back crowd when you were exiled. See, we all make mistakes.
    Continuing the tradition, I see.

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,697 AG
    Wait!!! Is her cousin Daisy ok?

That's the only one that matters to me.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    :huh I was a member of Standing Watch.

I was standing on the deck of Bert's at their rally in Matlacha. I have the photos of it around somewhere.

None of their posts were "blocked".

I spoke at countless FWS hearings in West Palm, Tampa, Ft. Myers and most recently in Everglades City for the last AIP hearings for the ENP.

I didn't see you at any of those hearings.

What does that have to do with making a hobby out of posting obituaries on a fishing BBS?

Oh, sorry I should have looked at the time of your post and it's coherency of composition. :)

Perfectly coherent, television isn't very compelling late at night. Besides, the org was formed in Lee County and that's a hike from here. Still have the tee shirt and bumper sticker though, where are yours? :huh I was one of the lucky few to get the bumper sticker before Buffet's lawyers told Standing Watch to stand down. :grin :blowkiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    truck.jpg

It says:

"Manatees are not endangered, your boating and property rights are."

Jim is from Naples, BTW.

truck.jpg

It says:

"Manatees are not endangered, your fishing and boating rights are."

Jim is from Naples, BTW.

Like I was there! What is that broken link anyway. :grin

Ah..........you fixed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]