Home Off Topic

Buffalo Wild Wings

Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
I had to go to a meeting in Sanford on Saturday morning. Afterwards, eight of us went out to lunch. Somebody picked Buffalo Wild Wings. I had never been to one before.

Hands-down, it was, without a doubt, the WORST restaurant I have ever been to in my life.

You'd think a place that specializes in wings would maybe have some decent wings, but these were like tiny dried-out canary wings. I didn't even know they made chickens that small. The French fries sucked. The portion sizes were tiny. Prices were very high.

Service sucked. Soft drinks and tea had almost no ice, and when asked to bring more ice, he bought a spoonful. Burger tasted OK, but for $11 I expected more than 2 ounces of meat, and maybe that the tomatoes would actually be ripe, not green.

I can't see how they stay in business. A crappy version of Hooters without the hot chicks.
23895.gif

Replies

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    yep, ate there once. I honestly think it was what triggered my first ER visit with diverticulitus. I like my food hot, that about **** near killed me. Wings were more like nuggets
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,570 AG
    You should try Applebees. It makes BWW look...no BWW is still terrible even compared to Applebees. Just awful.
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
    Polar wrote: »
    yep, ate there once. I honestly think it was what triggered my first ER visit with diverticulitus. I like my food hot, that about **** near killed me. Wings were more like nuggets

I read they think a low fiber diet causes it.

Never ate at BWW A group from work would to go there to drink beer after work once a week.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,867 AG
    Yep. And they are growing. I don't get it. I lived next door to one 13 years ago. Walking distance and still never went more than once.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,787 AG
    rock_fish wrote: »
    Yep. And they are growing. I don't get it. I lived next door to one 13 years ago. Walking distance and still never went more than once.
    :hairraiser

But, they have ... Beer. Don't drink and drive!
    they plopped one next to a Brus room here in Boynton, BWW's parking lot is like a ghost town
    Overpriced beer. Back then the best they had was Sam Adams. And that's a tick above bud light to me.
    they plopped one next to a Brus room here in Boynton, BWW's parking lot is like a ghost town

I met a crazy Asian at a bru room in stuart. Mmm, she was ... fun
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,201 Captain
    The one near me is packed during sporting events. i go and watch MMA with a buddy there every now and then. The food is ok, but not great. But, they have lots of tvs.... I think that is the draw..
    Overpriced beer. Back then the best they had was Sam Adams. And that's a tick above bud light to me.

but the have non-wobbling tables.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG

Hooters have both non-wobbling and wobbling tables. It just depends on the waitress.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Wrong
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,507 AG
    The BMW near work has been good. But I always order the same thing. Not a beer drinker so that's irrelevant.

A restaurant is only as good as it manager.

I'll guarantee you that the tomatoes are bought from a large outfit.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    They have a policy statement saying they don't allow firearms. I don't go there because of that. Not that I would let that stop me.......I just don't like the policy so I choose to eat elsewhere.

I like a sports bar that is new to St Pete called Glory Days. The food is good and the beer cheap. They have H U G E televisions. No half naked waitresses though.
    Mango Man wrote: »
    The BMW near work has been good. But I always order the same thing. Not a beer drinker so that's irrelevant.

A restaurant is only as good as it manager.

I'll guarantee you that the tomatoes are bought from a large outfit.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

What do you order that's good? It's been so long all I remember was the Jamaica jerk wing sauce that was hot as hades
    They have a policy statement saying they don't allow firearms. I don't go there because of that. Not that I would let that stop me.......I just don't like the policy so I choose to eat elsewhere

I like a sports bar that is new to St Pete called Glory Days. The food is good and the beer cheap. They have H U G E televisions. No half naked waitresses though.

Where is this?
    Up 4th St N just before the new bridge being built at 4th St/Gandy intersection. Where they tore down the old Bennigans.

So far I can give a thumbs up to the ribs, wings, and shrimp and grits. A small beer tube is $10 and holds about 4 or 5 mugs of beer.
    Wrong

hehe, i know.
    Up 4th St N just before the new bridge being built at 4th St/Gandy intersection. Where they tore down the old Bennigans.

So far I can give a thumbs up to the ribs, wings, and shrimp and grits. A small beer tube is $10 and holds about 4 or 5 mugs of beer.

I know that area. Hardly up that way, but I drive past often. I'll have to swing through for a Rays game
    generally, youre not allowed to carry in any bar.
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral

:nono You should be able to carry a gun anywhere you wish. Just ask one of the dumb rednecks. We all know guns and alcohol make for a fantastic pairing. All bars should allow open carry:willynilly
  • DaBudDawgDaBudDawg Posts: 168 Deckhand
    Worst place ever.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,507 AG
    What do you order that's good? It's been so long all I remember was the Jamaica jerk wing sauce that was hot as hades

Large Caesar Salad and hot wings. Their hot wings are close to traditional Buffalo style. The size are big and usually have just come straight out of the fryer. Before wings became an "in thing" the wings were smaller, typical of a "normal" size chicken. Some of these roided chickens have body parts that are 2-3 times their normal size.
    Which is a very good idea. :grin

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • drkpttdrkptt Posts: 1,927 Captain
    BWW sucks but it's better than Beef O'Brady's.

"We have researched this issue including contacting the concealed weapons division of the Florida Department of Agriculture .......... the general sense is that concealed weapons may be legally carried by a CWFL holder into a business that serves alcohol but not as a primary business, however a concealed weapons carrier should stay out of portions of that business where the service of alcohol is the primary function, i.e., the bar area of a restaurant.)"
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    drkptt wrote: »

Not much of an endorsement. BWW sucked over a dozen years ago and was so bad they moved their location to hide from their past. I rank them slightly below Hooters and that's no endorsement either. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,232 AG
    drkptt wrote: »

Not ours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield