Goethe Turkey

redfeesher78redfeesher78 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
Guys, I have read some of the old threads about this place. Has anyone been ther recently? I have the April 4-10 quota. Am I wasting my time by here? Any advice? Thanks

Replies

• GulfHammockHunterGulfHammockHunter Posts: 47 Deckhand
    They are there.......promise! Like everywhere else scouting equals success. I Know some folks get upset if you name a place.
  • redfeesher78redfeesher78 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Certainly not asking for spots. What is the etiquette out there? I have never Turkey Hunted before. When I hunt, do I simply pull my truck off the side of the road or are their designated parking areas etc...? Thanks
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,410 Captain
    Certainly not asking for spots. What is the etiquette out there? I have never Turkey Hunted before. When I hunt, do I simply pull my truck off the side of the road or are their designated parking areas etc...? Thanks

Read the WMA brochure for rules. As for etiquette don't go blindly walking around between about 30 min before sunrise to at least 9 am cause you might bust birds off the roost next to someone who planned on hunting them (happened to my son recently).
  • shempshemp Posts: 571 Officer
    Check out an aerial, sit in hardwoods or pines (that have been burned) adjacent to a creek or deep cypress head. DOF gave me some advice several years ago but I ended up returning the permit

Get good with an owl hoot and hit it hard 30 minutes or so before sunrise.
  • redfeesher78redfeesher78 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Great advice guys, thank you. Is there a check station or someone to talk to out there usually?