Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

West Marine on Blanding closing

Went there on Saturday to get a few supplies and was told by the store employee that they are closing. Seems they weren't making enough money to justify being opened. Also rumor has it the properity owner was asking way to much for the rent and was hoping to lease it to another church group. Now where to go for my boat toys and supplies?????
Don Naber
USAF (Retired)
Middleburg, FL.
God Bless America, And All That Serve This Great Nation

Replies

• BustedBusted Posts: 64 Deckhand
    A little further north on Blanding is Discount Boathouse Marine (its right before Timaquana). Ive patroned there a couple of times but they have since opened another store near the old west marine on beach blvd. Definatley not as purdy as west marine, but they get alot of the same stuff/brands. Ive had excellent results supporting these folks. They'll even internet price match which works out due to shipping.

This past summer I did a full service on my suzuki DF150 and they were able to get all the OEM parts I needed (even full synthetic suzuki oil) cheaper than WM and some of the parts were even cheaper than the online outlets (Browns Marine).
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,597 Captain
    West Marine on Roosevelt Blvd. Nice people.
  • nitroskiffnitroskiff Posts: 1,623 Captain
    Slacker wrote: »
    West Marine on Roosevelt Blvd. Nice people.

thats close to where I work and have been there a few times. Very nice people but very small store. Limited stock of stuff compared to the big on in the town center near where I live.

Very nice people also at Boat House marine. Lots of stuff. No fishing tackle though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Nitro Performance Bass Boats