Home Off Topic

A hundred dollar invention!

rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 12,223 AG
A table that isn't wobbly! For every restaurant in existence!

:Angry
Proud supporter of the anti fishing, terroristic (lol what?) movement known as Greenpeace.

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Three legged tables are not wobbly. Done! now give me my money.
  • lakemanlakeman Posts: 817 Officer
    I agree LOL, almost every table I set at I or the waitstaff has to engineer it not to wobble. Especial if it on tile.
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 12,223 AG
    jad1097 wrote: »
    move to another table

So it van wobble too?
    Proud supporter of the anti fishing, terroristic (lol what?) movement known as Greenpeace.
  • knotty boysknotty boys Posts: 1,898 Captain
    leveling feet, done
    Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,482 AG
    if only they invented a little thingy you could spin under the legs to knock that **** off, thatd be great
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    I was in first with a solution. Where is my money?
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    Simple...they need the adjustment threads at the TOP of the legs, under the tabletop.

Then it's simple to adjust....where's MY MONEY ?....:cool:

Funny story...me and the Mrs went to a new seafood restaurant in St Augustine, and the table was wobbly, so I was trying to make it quit wobblin' and somehow they had 'tiled" the tabletop to the wall...:willynilly

...well long story short, me tryin' to level it I pulled it off the wall by accident (hell, I didn't know it was tiled to it ), so I finally got it stuck back onto it's ledge, and went on with dinner....which was fantastic BTW....told the guy when we left to check it out, cause it was loose on the wall...:grin
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
    rock_fish wrote: »
    So it van wobble too?

go elswhere

jam your pocket knife under a leg if you must.
    whats a van wobble?
    When you have a lose set of lugs on your Chevy van
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,251 AG
    ask for extra coasters and shim that bad boy. Two second fix.
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    Some places don't use coasters.

Or sugar packets.

And all you have is a cloth napkin.

Or sugar packets.

I make it work rather than complain. If i'm drinking the table is gonna be wobbling by the time I get up regardless.
    So you don't have any positive input? Getting knackered is your solution? Cheers to that
    my positive input is to figure it out. You can use napkins if you fold them, or coasters, or whatever you can find. It's not that hard.

Or, you can request a booth like we do 90% of the time anyway and not have to worry about a table.
    my positive input is to figure it out. You can use napkins if you fold them, or coasters, or whatever you can find. It's not that hard.

Or, you can request a booth like we do 90% of the time anyway and not have to worry about a table.

Or sugar packets.

• team getterdunteam getterdun Posts: 1,741 Captain
    I think what he was saying is that your first world, generation X problems are just whiney **** attempts for attention. But I could be wrong :wink
    "Fundamentals are nothing but a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
    I was seriously almost frustrated about this problem
    Rock you're overthinking this. There's a problem for every solution if you want there to be. I guess just stay home and eat at the house if it bothers you that much.
    I want to help other patrons that might experience this.

Except polar
    thanks rock, we already know how you sit 3 of your buddies on one bar stool with you though
    I am serious about requesting a booth. I've been to enough places especially if they're on a wait, seems like the first table to open up is the one right by the front door so you get bumped by every patron who walks through the place. I'll wait for a booth if it takes an extra 10 minutes so be it. It's a more comfortable dining experience.

Now if you don't want to wait, you get to the table and it's wobbly, don't sit down. Tell the hostess/host that you want it fixed first. Put it on them. Beyond the remedies I mentioned earlier that's really about all you can do.

Now if you want to go and invent small wooden shims that people can keep in their pockets specifically for this application, good luck!.
    I am saying invent a table that won't wobble. 3 legs can wobble if the floor is catywampus. No bandaid on a wound type fix. Polar could invent a floating table like his star wars buddies use
    But seriously, the screws at the top of the legs is a good idea or some type like that
    I am saying invent a table that won't wobble. 3 legs can wobble if the floor is catywampus. No bandaid on a wound type fix. Polar could invent a floating table like his star wars buddies use

all slab concrete poured in Florida is going to crack, so you'll never have perfectly flat floors to begin with. I am sure there are tables out right now that have some sort of spring mounted levelers on them, but you'll never see them at a restaurant. Too much $$$$. If it's an extra $100.00 or even $50.00 per table they're not going to pay it. Especially not the chains. If Chilis decided to replace every one of it's tables at every restaurant, it'd be millions of dollars. The smaller mom and pop places can't afford it either, they're just trying to keep the doors open. Especially in FL where you have such a seasonal clientele. They have to make their snow bird money now and they'll starve from April to November.

The thing is all restaurant tables have legs with adjustable tabs on the bottom, but when they move them the tabs fall out and get swept up and thrown away. A good restaurant owner should know and repair those daily or weekly at the very least. It takes about a minute to put a replacement on and set it.
    Then I'm going to start selling replacement adjustment knobs.
    how about you go to more high end establishments, where this is not an issue?