Spring Break Florida Style

13»

Replies

• FishingAddictFishingAddict Posts: 170 Deckhand
    You know another way mango is good? Raw! It doesn't look white enough to be good as sashimi, but it's one of my favorites, next to scamp and strawberry grouper.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 729 Officer
    Just about any raw fish works for me!
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 3,558 Captain
    Thanks guys! Mangrove snapper are one of our most targeted fish. Fun to catch, and great to eat makes for a really good combination. In addition, they are one of the only fish we catch with NO closed season.
    Mr. John Martin caught this beauty in 150 feet of water on the Elbow:
    102_zps5szktvrb.jpg

Talk about some prime eating!
  • MikeDeroMikeDero Posts: 92 Deckhand
    Oh ok, all my fault but at least admit you and most of the boar sells their catch from the private messages I got confirmed that happens allot.
    Isn't that illegal?
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    MikeDero wrote: »
    Oh ok, all my fault but at least admit you and most of the boar sells their catch from the private messages I got confirmed that happens allot.
    Isn't that illegal?

That's enough. This is a fishing report. Not a trial. You have declared that you were "done" and "out" with this and other threads as well as the site.

You may want to consider the value of your word.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    :nono

Carry on, Bob.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Thanks Captain Gary. Very well said, sir.
    I will indeed "Carry on"! Sir, I respect your opinion tremendously. If ever you have any thoughts on how I, we, can make F/S even better...please share. Your vast knowledge is appreciated. You are a true credit to our sport.
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 872 Officer
    You really have no clue as to what the situation is in relation to conservation here in Florida. We play by the rules, and as a result have a healthy resource which we all enjoy on whatever level we wish. If you want to let them go, then fine. There's plenty to go around, and gifting fresh Florida fish is a beautiful thing enjoyed by all who appreciate a truly fresh product.
    You are talking to a ghost.

CaptJ, sir you are absolutely 100% correct on ALL fronts. Most of us, myself included, do indeed ''play by the rules.''
    Venting & releasing a beautiful, out of season, gag grouper is hard to do. But we do it!
    gag_zpst4djoqsa.jpg
    And even harder...a trophy American red snapper. But we do it!
    ARS_zpsryybucaf.jpg

Sure we harvest huge amounts of fish; after all, this is Florida!
    Florida, the Fishing Capital of the World. And for good reason...due to very strict conservation measures we can do so and still maintain an extremely healthy fishery for generations to come. Want to keep those fish? Go for it! After all; there are indeed plenty to go around.
    Strange how some who know so little about Florida can speak with so much 'authority', and tell us how things should be done.
    Oh Well! As Captain Colecchio stated..."You are talking to a ghost." After all, obviously some 'ghost-writers' know all there is to know about everything. :signs

Every single fish in that pile, and all piles like them, are 100% legal, and sustainable. If not...they WOULD NOT BE THERE !