Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Magic Manatee in Homosassa

What is going on there? Looks like new owners?

Replies

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,648 Captain
    Yep. It's been sold. I don't know anything about their plans.

The **** place is underwater during summer high tides. Don't know how that can be fixed.
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 356 Deckhand
    I've rented a pontoon from them twice now. First time I scooched over just a little so I wouldn't get run over by a Grady White. Well there ain't no little scooch in Sassy. I mangled the guys brand new prop. He charged me 85 bucks for a new prop to go on a Suzuki 75. So I'll put him in the honest and fair category. I've never even found an 85 dollar prop for my boat.

They used to own a shooting/sporting club in Lakeland (my kinda folks). He and his wife are really nice people and seem to treat their customers like they want them to come back.
  • Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 592 Officer
    Back when I had my single engine boat I was leaving the springs. Got to the fast zone and when I went to get on plane I spun the hub. Idled it to Magic Manatee and they bent over backwards to help me. He grabbed the tools, took off the prop off, put a new hub in it and put it back on. Only charged me for the new hub, not a dime in labor which I unsuccessfully protested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • southtxsouthtx Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    As Stressor said, it's just been sold. I can only speak from past owner experience, but the place was great. It doesn't look pretty, but they always got the job done there, never had any issues. Hopefully the new owner carries on the tradition. I much preferred this marina to Riverhaven, although I'm not bashing them in anyway, just seemed like Manatee was priced a little better on the engine repair side of it.
  • wiperwiper Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    There are new owners, my brother Bill and myself. We purchased it on December 1st and have been cleaning it up and renovating it. In a few more weeks we'll open up the 2400 sq ft Sportsmans Store in the front of the building (street side) and once that's done will reno the current ship store and turn it into a dedicated service building. As mentioned, I used to own the Tenoroc Gun Range and Ultimate Arms gun shop in Lakeland as well as Pine Creek Sporting Clays in Land O Lakes. The Sportsmans Store will carry everything you need on the water and we intend to carry firearms as well as beer/sodas and ice made on premises.
    We've already drained the gas tank of ethanol gas and now sell only NON ethanol gas. We have a fleet of 18 rental boats which have all been repowered with 4 stroke Suzuki 70's and are in the process of re-upholstering all of them. Stay tuned for the rest of the plans, but come pay us a visit.
    Capt Mark
    [HTML]www.tenoroc.us[/HTML]
    [HTML]www.ultimatearms.us[/HTML]
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,741 Captain
    wiper wrote: »
    There are new owners, my brother Bill and myself. We purchased it on December 1st and have been cleaning it up and renovating it. In a few more weeks we'll open up the 2400 sq ft Sportsmans Store in the front of the building (street side) and once that's done will reno the current ship store and turn it into a dedicated service building. As mentioned, I used to own the Tenoroc Gun Range and Ultimate Arms gun shop in Lakeland as well as Pine Creek Sporting Clays in Land O Lakes. The Sportsmans Store will carry everything you need on the water and we intend to carry firearms as well as beer/sodas and ice made on premises.
    We've already drained the gas tank of ethanol gas and now sell only NON ethanol gas. We have a fleet of 18 rental boats which have all been repowered with 4 stroke Suzuki 70's and are in the process of re-upholstering all of them. Stay tuned for the rest of the plans, but come pay us a visit.
    Capt Mark

Sounds like the right direction. Kent is a good guy, a hard worker, and he treated people right. Sounds like you are off to a good start and I wish you well.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • shuterkngshuterkng Posts: 869 Officer
    Sounds like a great plan good luck, always remember rub the customers shoulders even if you want to choke them Business + Social media = The new world we live in Good luck on you new venture GOOD LUCK
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,860 Captain
    wiper wrote: »
    Capt Mark

Welcome to the neighborhood Captain ! :USA
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • MikeRMikeR Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Good luck Devil Dog!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,612 Captain
    Welcome to the neighborhood. I look forward to seeing your store. Get some boots for the summer high water!
  • wiperwiper Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Thanks, guys. Already found out about the high tides, working on beating Mother Nature next year. We decided to move everything up front in part because it's easier for the customers but also because there's less flooding and now you won't have to ridge a forklift with a rookie driver (me).
    [HTML]www.tenoroc.us[/HTML]
    [HTML]www.ultimatearms.us[/HTML]
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 356 Deckhand
    Welcome to our hood. I thought I got that Jarhead vibe talking to you. Look forward to the new store front. Gonna be real honest, the wife ain't gonna like having fishing and shooting items available in our neighborhood in one location, on my way home from work. But then we don't have to tell her everything we know do we? See ya around. Semper Fly