Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

3-20 Sebastian

I went out Sunday about 2-6 pm. The water was nice and clear and calm. Caught nothing at the inlet using a spoon. Caught a jack and trout on the island across from Christensen boat ramp using same spoon Johnson gold spoon..

Was a good day .!!

Replies

• inflatableillnessinflatableillness Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    what kind of retrive are you using when throwing the spoon? Good job on the trout and jack!
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,126 AG
    Keep at it...

I had the same catch yesterday and today....9 Trout to about 4 lbs on white CAL both days.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • InShoreGrantInShoreGrant Posts: 80 Deckhand
    what kind of retrive are you using when throwing the spoon? Good job on the trout and jack!

I tried different types, constant but slow , fast and bouncing off the bottom. The most effective was constant but slow.
  • FlecFlec Posts: 705 Officer
    That gold spoon is an inshore killer in my opinion. It will catch every thing that swims in this area, including trout,snook,reds,mangrove snapper. I was 1 for 2 on reds Sunday. Lost the 1st one after he actually pulled my 16 foot skiff about 10 feet into the mangroves. He was amazingly strong! He won his freedom! I caught a nice 22 incher with no spots a few minutes later to complete a slam for the day. Most fish came on the gold spoon! Got a 20" jack earlier on 2lb test. I use a steady retrieve, just enough to keep it above the bottom.