Charter reccomendations for Big Island Hawaii?

Seamanator561Seamanator561 Posts: 55 Greenhorn
My newly wed wife and I are heading to the Big Island next week for our honeymoon. Looking to charter a boat while we are over there. We are staying in Kona on the Big Island. Looking for any recommendations for a charter boat that could possible put us on a marlin. Thanks in advance guys.

Replies

• dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    I fished with this guy and HIGHLY recommend him. Not the biggest or prettiest boat in fleet but great personality and worked hard.

http://www.lepikasportfishing.com/index.php

From my report. "Thanks for the recommendation on Lepika, Capt Russ was awesome. Boat is excellent, very comfortable. We left dock at 545 to catch live boat, only boat to do so. We tried several things including green sticking for tuna, caught one about 125lbs. I wanted a billfish so spent some time doing that and caught a blue. He has a great personality, boat was clean and we caught fish. He was a bargain at $650 for a full day. Marlin was released, tuna he kept."
  • GbubrickGbubrick Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    My newly wed wife and I are heading to the Big Island next week for our honeymoon. Looking to charter a boat while we are over there. We are staying in Kona on the Big Island. Looking for any recommendations for a charter boat that could possible put us on a marlin. Thanks in advance guys.
    Call Marlin Parker on Marlin Magic. Got my son a 500 pounder last summer.