National Geographic

Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
Anybody else going to miss it if Direct TV and Fox News Corp can't come to an agreement ?

Replies

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,858 Admin
    I'm on Comcast. So, no.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • erockerock Posts: 1,866 Captain
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Yes. This does come up with various networks throughout the year. I hope they come to an agreement.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • spinfreakspinfreak Posts: 5,204 Admiral
    There's a few shows on NG that I'll catch once in a while, but I'm more concerned with other channels...FX mainly. I think there's at least 10 shows that I watch out fo the possible cancelled channels. If DTV drops them, I'll be dropping DTV after almost 10 years. Screw them
    Exiled Dungeon Master of The Freakshow :cool:
    YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Seriously. Do it for yourself and loved ones. You have issues
  • FloydFloyd ; in N. Tampa or DownEast MainePosts: 1,103 Officer
    There is a renegotiation of terms every time channel packages are up for renewal contracts. The programmers ask for a price and the program providers like DTV argue for less and eventually they come to an agreement and life goes on and our rates go up a little. Sports interests are always threatening a walkout or whatever in thier fits of brinksmanship leading up to a contract settlement.

DirecTV is claiming that the programmers want a 40% increase, and the programmers are appealing to the public to put pressure on the negotiations in an effort to get a little bit more in the end.
    Same ol same ol.
    Recording from Moderators annual meeting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuABc9ZNtrA
  • BibBib Posts: 2,357 Captain
    Not as long as Travel Channel is still showing naked pygmies.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    spinfreak wrote: »
    There's a few shows on NG that I'll catch once in a while...........

Totally off topic but why has NG become the 'prison show' channel? Seems all they broadcast any more.
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Captain
    This could cause me to jump out of a first floor window.
  • td.td. Posts: 4,695 Captain
    Griz wrote: »
    I'm on Comcast. So, no.

This.