Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Crock Pot Recpies

century7century7 Posts: 2,410 Captain
Tried finding what i wanted with the search function but not exactly what i was looking for. Since a lot of you are creative in the kitchen and i flat out stink i figured asking for some recipies that i can use the crock pot for would be better then experimenting. I am open to any type of meat, chicken and turkey. I would use some venison but am just about out of that for now. Let me hear what you have.
It works 60% of the time all the time......

Replies

• ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGGIE SOOP

1 lb stew beef cut into 1” cubes
    Black pepper
    2 tbsp flour
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    2 lg onions, chopped
    12 sm red skinned potatoes, quartered
    2 med carrots, sliced
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
    2 cans beef broth
    2 tbsp tomato paste
    1 ½ tsp instant coffee powder or granules

Sprinkle beef with pepper and flour. Brown in hot oil.

Place onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic and thyme in slow cooker. Top with beef. Mix broth with tomato paste and coffee. Pour over beef. Cook on low 8-10 hrs or on high 4-5 hrs. Serves 6.
    Crockpot Italian Beef
    Ingredients:
    • 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef roast, sirloin tip or rump roast
    • 12 ounces (jar) Italian Giardiniera, drained, less if you want it less spicy
    • 12 ounces (jar) pepperoncini peppers
    • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing (zesty Italian)
    • 10 ounce can condensed beef broth
    Preparation:
    Place beef roast in a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. Combine Giardiniera, pepperoncini peppers, dry salad dressing mix, and condensed beef broth.
    Add all mixture to crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 12 to 14 hours, until meat is very tender. Use a fork to shred for sandwiches and serve with crusty Italian rolls or crusty bread. Serves 10 to 15.
    I forgot to add that I make both of these with venison. Very good.
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,410 Captain
    Thanks! I think that Italian Beef will be next as it sounds really good.
  • 001001 Posts: 4,292 Captain
    Squirrel does very well in a crockpot.
  • Stetson LawStetson Law Posts: 489 Deckhand
    I have hundreds of crockpot recipes in Word format. Post or IM me your e-mail address and I will e-mail them all to you.
    I have hundreds of crockpot recipes in Word format. Post or IM me your e-mail address and I will e-mail them all to you.

I sent you a pm. Thanks :hungry
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,356 Captain

I know where you live. I'll just stop by when you do some cooking
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
    Slow Cooker Pork Tacos

3 whole ancho chiles
    3 whole pasilla chiles
    4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
    2 to 3 chipotles in adobo sauce
    1/2 medium white onion, roughly chopped
    3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    Kosher salt
    2 teaspoons dried oregano, preferably Mexican
    3 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (untrimmed), cut into chunks
    Freshly ground pepper
    2 bay leaves
    1 cinnamon stick
    Corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
    Assorted taco toppings, for garnish
    Directions
    Put the ancho and pasilla chiles and the
    garlic in a bowl. Microwave on high until soft and pliable, 2 to 3 minutes. Stem and seed the chiles; peel the
    garlic. Transfer the chiles and garlic to a blender.
    Add the chipotles, onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt and the oregano to the
    blender; puree until smooth. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat; add the
    chile sauce and fry, stirring, until thick and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Pour in the broth and reduce until
    slightly thickened.
    Season the pork all over with salt and pepper and transfer to a large slow cooker. Add the bay leaves and
    cinnamon stick, then pour in the sauce. Cover and cook on high until the meat is tender, about 5 hours. (Or
    cook the meat in a large Dutch oven, covered, for 1 hour 45 minutes at 350 degrees; uncover and cook 30 more
    minutes.)
    Discard the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Shred the pork with 2 forks; season with salt and pepper. Serve the
    shredded pork in the tortillas, along with toppings.
    Crock Pot Rabbit
    2 rabbits, cut into serving pieces
    1 cup celery, sliced
    1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
    1 onion, chopped
    1 can water chestnuts, sliced
    2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
    3 cups chicken broth
    Salt and pepper
    2 Tbsp cornstarch
    ½ cup sherry
    Place all ingredients except cornstarch and sherry in crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove rabbit from pot. In a separate bowl, combine sherry and corn starch. Pour into crock pot to thicken the sauce. Return rabbit to the crock pot and mix. Servings: 6-8
    001 is correct; squirrel is great in a slow cooker. I just can't find my Brunswick Stew recipe for some reason.
  • FLDeerHunterFLDeerHunter Posts: 144 Officer

I would like them. I just got a crockpot.
  • dougmaysdougmays Posts: 288 Officer
    I was given this basic recipe awhile ago and its great!

Salsa Verde Chicken

- 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    - 1 jar Pace salsa verde
    - 1 can (8oz) diced tomatoes
    - 1 can of corn

set on low for 3 hours. at the 2.5-3 hour mark take breasts out and shred with 2 forks, the meat should fall apart easily. put chicken back into crock for another 30mins. This is great as a taco/burrito filling, a dip or just on a plate.

you can also add to it...i like to add jalapenos and olives! Even melt some cheese on top!
    I would like them. I just got a crockpot.

send me your email and i will foward them off to you.
  • JC_UF_ITKJC_UF_ITK Posts: 496 Deckhand
    We usually cook bbq chicken or buffalo chicken in the crockpot. Just cook the chicken on low for 4-5 hours with some broth, drain all of the juice, add your favorite bbq or buffalo sauce, and shred/mix it all up. This makes great quesadillas will some jalapenos, black olives, mushrooms, and cheese. We also make mojo chicken in the crockpot. Add chicken breasts and a bottle of mojo seasoning the add capers and green olives for the last hour and serve over yellow rice. This made me slap my momma the first time I had it.
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,702 Captain
    I did a pork roast Saturday that was out of sight. Got up Saturday morning to go hunting. I had thawed a 3# pork roast night before off a hog I shot last year. Popped it in the crock pot, 1/2 cup water, salt/pepper/garlic powder/diced onion/Everglades/Oldbay...Put on low and went hunting

When we came in for lunch, I added 2 small cans of cream of mushroom soup, a bag of frozen carrots, and about 10 small red New potatoes.
    Got in at dark thirty and it was out of sight. Meat was shredded just like pulled pork. Didn't put it over rice or anything, just used some white bread to sop it up while sitting by the camp fire