Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Trolling in the bay...

Been doing my winter time trolling for stripers in Georgia and it got me wondering if trolling in St. Andrews or port St Joe bays using similar techniques would be productive? I generally cast fish for trout, red, and flounder on the flats but anyone have any thoughts of what I might hook onto if I used lipless crank baits, rattle traps, umbrella rig tied with swim baits etc trolling at 3-4 mph? Not sure what depth to run at but I fiquire I would at least get some lady fish and or blues......just wondering?

Replies

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 2,124 Captain
    Trolling small spoons & jigs will produce bluefish, Spanish, & jacks when they move through. Never caught trout or reds trolling. I know they used to troll off the beaches for Bull Reds off the beaches in Orange Beach, but I've never done it.
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams