Replies

• SLSSLS Posts: 181 Deckhand
    That can go two ways.

20,000 Dems switch parties to get behind Trump the guy they really like.

Or

20,000 Dems switch parties to help Trump win because the Dems think Hillary can beat him
    My money's on the 2nd option
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,245 Captain
    Massachusetts Democrats know that Hillary doesn't need their help to be the nominee. I'm with SLS on this and suspect that most of that 20,000 number is people who want to have a voice in picking her competition.
  • heathenheathen Posts: 7,080 Officer
    you should have read the entire article. :rotflmao

The 19,800 who left the Mass Dems represent about 1.3 percent of the 1.49 million enrolled in the party. And though the MassGOP gained several thousand voters, it actually lost more in the same time frame, when 5,911 quit the party to be unenrolled.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 27,161 AG
    SLS wrote: »
    That can go two ways.

20,000 Dems switch parties to get behind Trump the guy they really like.

Or

20,000 Dems switch parties to help Trump win because the Dems think Hillary can beat him
    My money's on the 2nd option

The second one is the one they always overlook.

Mini Mart Magnate

• chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    cadman wrote: »

I'm surprised no one thought of doing that here. Oh wait.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,377 Admiral
    guido4198 wrote: »
    Massachusetts Democrats know that Hillary doesn't need their help to be the nominee. I'm with SLS on this and suspect that most of that 20,000 number is people who want to have a voice in picking her competition.

This.

I've done it...................not all that unusual.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG

Who is "they?"

BTW, 20,000 people. That is a lot of cat herding and coordination if you believe they switched just to vote for HRC's competitor.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 27,161 AG
    Who is "they?"

BTW, 20,000 people. That is a lot of cat herding and coordination if you believe they switched just to vote for HRC's competitor.

The foolish Trump supporters who think he has a chance to win the general election and look for anything to support their fallacy.

You would be amazed at the number of people who switch parties at the primary to screw with the votes of the other party.

Ohio is trying to ban it since it is such an issue

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/02/legislator_wants_to_bar_party.html

Limbaugh got 17,000 Republicans to vote Hillary in 2008 in Ohio

Mini Mart Magnate

• bswivbswiv Posts: 7,377 Admiral
    The foolish Trump supporters who think he has a chance to win the general election and look for anything to support their fallacy.

You would be amazed at the number of people who switch parties at the primary to screw with the votes of the other party.

Ohio is trying to ban it since it is such an issue

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/02/legislator_wants_to_bar_party.html

Limbaugh got 17,000 Republicans to vote Hillary in 2008 in Ohio

"Ban it" in Ohio. How hard they will work to keep us little guys from screwing with the system.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    guido4198 wrote: »

Democrats are sneaky and very effective with that political ploy.

Many here have stated they will do that very thing.

Republicans on the other hand understand doing that is a violation of their personal political convictions and consider it "cheating" and will not.

Cheating or not, it is a legal and effective political tactic to win.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,891 AG
    I do it. It is the only real voice that I have in my states politics. Utah will go R, no matter what, so it is my only chance to have any influance what so ever in which R they will go with.
    Cruz is the preferred candidate our R leaders are telling us to go with, so he will most likely be the chosen one to receive our few delegates. That is what sheep do, follow their leaders.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 8,744 Admiral
    I do it. It is the only real voice that I have in my states politics. Utah will go R, no matter what, so it is my only chance to have any influance what so ever in which R they will go with.
    Cruz is the preferred candidate our R leaders are telling us to go with, so he will most likely be the chosen one to receive our few delegates. That is what sheep do, follow their leaders.
    That's funny, he isn't a preference by any establishment Republicans. Maybe you should try listening more, it appears you have a better class of Rs in that state.
  • rain dograin dog Posts: 3,245 Captain
    SLS wrote: »
    20,000 Dems switch parties to help Trump win because the Dems think Hillary can beat him. My money's on the 2nd option

following your faulty logic we can assume that marco rubio or ted cruz are more electable so the dems are afraid of them? i don't think so.
  • dogman18dogman18 Posts: 280 Deckhand
    So what?
    “There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”
    ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,736 Captain
    rain dog wrote: »
    following your faulty logic we can assume that marco rubio or ted cruz are more electable so the dems are afraid of them? i don't think so.

You are correct in only one part.
  • SLSSLS Posts: 181 Deckhand
    rain dog wrote: »

I don't know what the Dems think about Trump, Cruz, or Rubio.
    Just putting up an alternative reason what 20,000 Dems just switched parties.

My guess is it may be to hurt, not help, the GOP, however they try to do it.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,181 AG
    Thanks for your comments..........

My ex-father-in-law, an 89 y/o WW 2 vet, used to vote Dem just to try to vote for the weakest Dem candidate......

This country is so F*****d.

I'm going fishing.......