Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Heading out tomorrow

Heading out tomorrow (Monday) out of Sebastian Inlet with a couple old friends that are visiting. Any tips on anything recently going on offshore, or what to target to get them some action?

Replies

• beachside321beachside321 Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Water temps are getting near the sweet spot for cobia. There's been spotty reports of dolphin and kings. It's been too windy for people to get offshore for the most part.
  • VeroWingVeroWing Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    tHanks Beachside321. I know it's been rough water for a long time, but tomorrow is the best forecast I've seen for a long while. I guess I'll look for some blue water and temp change and pull around some b'hoo, and see what happens.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,928 AG
    Saw two King boats going south in the ICW down by Vero.... would lead me to believe that if you want Kings...go out of Ft. Pierce or points south.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    Thanks DuckmanJR. Maybe I'll head out of Sebastian down to Bethel buoy, see if I can get some fresh bait and head southeast. I'll let you know if we do any good.
  • Celtic KnotsCeltic Knots Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    I'm heading out in the morning out of SI. Celtic Knots standing by 68. Probably heading towards Bethel to look for some bottom species......and who knows what
    Sounds good Celtic Knots. I'll (VeroWing) give you a shout when I get in the area. If I see any action I'll also give you a shout out on 68. Supposed to be flat out there tomorrow. Fishemup!
  • scubakillerscubakiller Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Just got off the water. I ran East out of Sebastian to 180ft, stopped at every turtle I saw, nothing, not a thing. Hit a couple bottom numbers, nada. Tossed a nice runner out the back on a drift, gets whacked and cuts mono..no clue what it was. Trolled for a bit, nothing. It's pretty dead out there.
    Last weekend, I did a dive/offshore trip and only did one tank because the vis was so bad (only the second time in 9 years of diving here I've done that.) Ran father offshore and found blue water in about 250ft. There was bait on Bethel buoy (nice runners)

I did see one sail hanging out on the surface in 80ft on the way in...lucky I didn't hit him with boat. Needless to say, he didn't hang around.

Let us know how you do!!!!! Good luck, we're all counting on you!
    Shoot em' in the face...the fish, just the fish.
    Thanks Scubakiller. Sounds like bethel and southeast may be our best bet. It's gotta break sooner or later. Maybe tomorrow's the day! I'll let you know,
  • beachside321beachside321 Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Talked to a few guys who went out of Sebastian today. Spotty dolphin from 200-225. One boat loaded up on 15-25# dolphin, but went to the Other Side to get them
    Great news Beachside321. At least there is hope. I'll try out to the 225-250, but probably not the other side. Thanks again.
  • My TurnMy Turn Posts: 72 Deckhand
    Bottom fished out of ft pierce today, ran NE to 90 ft, boat caught 2 cobes both 31-32:mad lost a 3rd. Caught a modest box of the usual bottom suspects.

Hopefully cobes off Sebastian soon.
    Good news My Turn. Thanks for the headsup! Hopefully we can drift the 90' reef se of bethel if not too fast.