Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Mosquito lagoon camping this coming weekend.

We are heading over to mosquito lagoon this coming weekend and could use some advice or tips. We are use to fishing the flats around St.Marks and Panacea areas. Popping corks with live shrimp mainly. Staying at one of the primitive camp sites. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• hunterjwhunterjw Posts: 443 Deckhand
    http://dayo.com/mosquito.htm

Above is a link to an individual who has camped on every island and provided a review of each. With regards to fishing that will depend greatly on where you camp. They changed the reservation style from 7 days prior to online at recreation.gov (you can get a campsite up to 6 months in advance). I recommend you get a campsite then ppl can point you in the right direction from your geographic location on lagoon.

Can't go wrong with popping corks anywhere especially for trout..
    "He who hoots with the owls at night will not soar with the eagles at dawn"

• FyrewalkerFyrewalker Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    thanks for the input. we are staying at campsite orange. will be using kayaks to get around. I have seen that link. we are going to be there for 4 days so we will be exploring as far as we can. Are there any bait shops nearby that we can paddle to? Again Thanks!
  • hunterjwhunterjw Posts: 443 Deckhand
    Fyrewalker wrote: »
    thanks for the input. we are staying at campsite orange. will be using kayaks to get around. I have seen that link. we are going to be there for 4 days so we will be exploring as far as we can. Are there any bait shops nearby that we can paddle to? Again Thanks!

Probably better off buying frozen bait or bring a castnet. Bethune beach has one and oak hill.
    "He who hoots with the owls at night will not soar with the eagles at dawn"