This weekend..

Looks like the weather should be good... Anyone going out?

I'm planning on a Saturday trip out of Fort Desoto. - anyone know where we can find some pinfish? Wasn't able to find any on the tripod the last 2 trips.. Skyway is kinda a long run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Replies

• CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,963 Captain
    I am going whichever day the weather is better....

Go about 2-4 miles out from the pag marker. Just kind of look around that area on your fish finder but you should be able to zabiki pins, grunts, squirrels with squid there pretty well.
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • therobertbrookstherobertbrooks Posts: 285 Officer
    CaptainBly wrote: »
    I am going whichever day the weather is better....

Go about 2-4 miles out from the pag marker. Just kind of look around that area on your fish finder but you should be able to zabiki pins, grunts, squirrels with squid there pretty well.
    I am for sure going out Saturday, might go out Sunday also if I get a few more interested in going.

I have noticed many schools pop up on my sounder as I cruise past, I guess I just need to put in some time to stop and drop a sabiki down.

Thanks

• Capt. PantsCapt. Pants Posts: 659 Officer
    We are running out of Clearwater Pass Saturday... CaptainBly has phenomenal Pinfish numbers! He knows bait!!
    Coming from the best master baiter I know, that is a huge compliment....you don't even have to zabiki big shows. They seem to be everywhere in that area. If you use squid tipped zabiki you will get 75-100 in < 30 minutes. We usually look for a show and just drift.
    Looks like I am shooting for Sunday. Even pried the infamous ScottK out of his shed in polk county. Should be fun. Looking forward to it.
    Looks like I might be able to get out both days... Hoping for a good weekend. How deep you planning on fishing?

If waves allow, between 20 (80') and 31 (95') miles out. My brothers buddy is in town and can't beat him up too much. Haven't been past 9 miles in quite a while because we have been killing it there. Hoping to get out deeper to a couple spots we have had success at.
    Sounds good.. I'll be out in 110' - 120' most likely because we are trying for some big RG, but hopefully the waves allow. If we get out and it's to rough we will play it by ear.

• SaltySeaDogSaltySeaDog Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    By pag marker you mean the Passagrille marker right?
    Rather be on the ocean...
    yes