Skip to main content
Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Recs---> for Everglades City or Chokoloskee motels/hotels?

Looking to come over for a weekend visit in the Everglades City/Chokoloskee area and wanted any Recs on fun places to stay, as well as any fun restaurants to visit while we are there!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,285 Officer
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • BobberBobber Posts: 943 Officer
    Yep, Rod & Gun for lodgings - the rooms aren't in the main building but in cottages around it. Boat ramp on site and fee included with your room. Be aware its cash only and no coffee pot in the room.

Havana Cafe in Chokoloskee is the best eats in town hands down.
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 792 Officer
    Bobber wrote: »
    Havana Cafe in Chokoloskee is the best eats in town hands down.

:Agree Absolutely the best. Ate there for dinner twice and breakfast once last weekend. Outstanding!
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke 
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    It's a fishing town so you have to make your own "fun".
    Probably only 5 places to stay or eat.
    Besides Havana Cafe I'll recommend Camellia's on the water and Grimm's to pick up stone crabs for do it yourself eats.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,670 Captain
    You can also try the Island for early, early morning breakfast (never can remember whether it's the Island Cafe, the Island Grill, or the Island.... something). On your right just before the Everglades Motel as you come into EC...

Can anyone say what hours/days the Havana is keeping now?
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • We are having a party in Chokoloskee Saturday evening. You are welcome as my guest. Please come. PM me for details.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Reel4ReelReel4Reel Posts: 439 Deckhand
    Camelia St grill is good. The large burger (I cant remember the name) at the restaurant at Glades Haven in Everglades City is great.
  • Mr.SnookMr.Snook NaplesPosts: 91 Deckhand
    I stayed in the EC Motel last year and was pleasantly surprised by it as an option. If you come for a week there are condo well more like little houses on that small island right off EC that can be rented and are very nice it's also really nice to have the boat docked right next to your place but I think they only do weekly rentals.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,246 AG
    Thanks!

We're in the middle of getting ready for Keys house guests ourselves this week and the EC trip will be in Feb. Now, thanks to the replies here, we've got some solid info to work with.

Thanks for the invite Gary, that would have been fun to put a face to the name..... other than Humphrey Bogart's!
  • BobberBobber Posts: 943 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite Gary, that would have been fun to put a face to the name..... other than Humphrey Bogart's!

Hmm - Gary. Think more Danny Kaye than Bogart...
  • Flatwater witchFlatwater witch Posts: 606 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    Thanks!

We're in the middle of getting ready for Keys house guests ourselves this week and the EC trip will be in Feb. Now, thanks to the replies here, we've got some solid info to work with.

Have you gotten over to E.C. yet?