Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

02/14/16

Wife and I headed out for a perfect Valentine's Day, fishing in the 10k.

Morning started off pretty good on the falling tide. Caught a few keeper trout in our first spot, a deep cut with good tidal flow. Also released plenty of shorts, plus the usual jack, ladyfish, snapper, etc. Root beer colored gulps with a small piece of tipped shrimp were the ticket.

As the tide started getting low, we worked our way up into the back bays. Not much action outside of small jacks and snapper but I did manage to site (and then spook:shrug) multiple nice redfish.

As the tide started coming in, we found a nice point with a couple of downed tree limbs and nice tidal movement. We caught 10 or so Snooklets and a couple of rat Reds that were an inch or two short.

Moving back towards the ramp yielded one gator Trout and a bunch of other small trout and ladyfish in another nice cut with good tide.

All in all, a nice day out on the water and my wife caught her first inshore slam. Going to make some trout ceviche for the first time, hoping it turns out good!

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,262 Officer
    Congrats to the wife. Good report.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,929 Admiral
    Good Job!
    You can always catch Something on a tipped jig. I've been far into the Backcountry poking around.
    Couple Snook in the 10 to 15 range , Reds are good size but rare just like the Snook.
    I didn't catch any of them...I was just Poking around...looking..till Mid to late March...
    Killin and Grillin :grin