Boat ramps near Apollo beach

I left the Tampa Bay Area in 1999 and now I'm back. Man, a lot has changed. Looking for advice on boat ramps on the Apollo Beach side of the bay that can handle a 24' Center console with 8' vertical clearance. I'm okay with a launch/parking fee so long as the ramps are in good shape and the parking is at least some what secure.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• willjustinwilljustin Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    EG Simmons park, Williams Park, Cockroach and Apollo Beach Marina. No issues at any with clearance for you.
    EG Simmons is best of the group. Plenty of parking and lane room.
  • snookwhisperersnookwhisperer Posts: 222 Deckhand
    ^^^^^^ What he said.
  • dcardcar Posts: 126 Officer
    Williams and eg Simmons are $5 to launch but Williams is not usable this time of year at low tide .. Cockroach is free just might have to walk a little ways to your truck
  • SamandheidiSamandheidi Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info guys. EG Simmons sounds like my best bet. Cockroach doesn't look very secure.
  • stingray62stingray62 Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Cockroach has had problems with break ins to vehicles. Seems to be mostly during the week when few people are around.
  • LimeyLimey Posts: 457 Deckhand
    dcar wrote: »
    Williams and eg Simmons are $5 to launch but Williams is not usable this time of year at low tide .. Cockroach is free just might have to walk a little ways to your truck

Simmons is $5.00 to launch plus $2.00 to enter park, very secure, 2 big ramps and plenty of parking but I have seen it packed and the only parking is on the side road.
    Carolina Skiff 238 DLV. 140 Suk