Home Politics

ORAL Roberts University

FishaHallicFishaHallic Posts: 660 Officer
ORAL Roberts University to REQUIRE students to wear Fitbit watches so the University can track their fitness. HOLLY loss of any privacy, what next, implanted chips with gps tracker, this is a slippery slope, a slippery slope in deed. Top it off the University is making a killing on mark up of said Fitbits.

Sounds like things to come if these religious extremist have their way, religious extremist in any form are dangerous and ORAL Roberts university requirments is just the begining. Wake up clowns, see the light of freedom, come out of the dark, walk up right and drop your loin clothes for a nice pair jeans.

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 37,042 AG
    If you don't like it , don't go to Oral Roberts University.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    He has heard they have a nice bike path and wants to attend.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • FishaHallicFishaHallic Posts: 660 Officer
    fins4me wrote: »
    He has heard they have a nice bike path and wants to attend.

I am smart enough not to buy what they are selling and I don't mean the fitbit at extremely high markup.
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,450 Captain
    Maybe they really care about something else the students may be doing...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3196313/Woman-wears-Fitbit-having-sex.html
    Maybe students in a college are old enough to worry about their own health and don't need religious zealots to tell them how much walking they do. This is the old slippery slope, what next religious police and maybe a physical exam for woman to make sure they are virgins before they marry, where does it end.
    Maybe students in a college are old enough to worry about their own health and don't need religious zealots to tell them how much walking they do. This is the old slippery slope, what next religious police and maybe a physical exam for woman to make sure they are virgins before they marry, where does it end.

It is a private theological university. It is not the government or any kind of public entity. Just don't go there. It is really that simple.

You are going to be complaining about Catholic Priests being unable to marry next.

Mini Mart Magnate

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,443 AG
    Don't see how this is anyone's business but their own?
  • GardawgGardawg The Sportfishing Capital Of The WorldPosts: 12,319 AG
    Are they both named Bob?

120126084543-roberts-grandson-00053029-horizontal-gallery.jpg
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,328 AG
    I have always been amused by these religious schools and
    their Doctor of Divinity degrees.

Allows them to walk around calling each other "Doctor" this that or the other
    pretending they are learned.

:grin

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
    cadman wrote: »
    It is a private theological university. It is not the government or any kind of public entity. Just don't go there. It is really that simple.

You are going to be complaining about Catholic Priests being unable to marry next.

It is a private university now but religious zealots are trying to take over this country why else would all the clowns be sucking up to these religious nuts if not for the votes of backward group of people who believe in fairies and try to push their backward views on others. Gay marriage, blue laws, adult **** and the list goes on of things these backward leaning zealots try to prohibit. Mike Huckabee , Rick Santorum are of the same mold to backward leaning clowns currently running from the clown car. Hey if your ok with your kids being tracked with gps implants send them to ORAL Roberts U but you might give them some leather gloves so their knuckles don't get scratched up while they walk..
    It is a private university now but religious zealots are trying to take over this country why else would all the clowns be sucking up to these religious nuts if not for the votes of backward group of people who believe in fairies and try to push their backward views on others. Gay marriage, blue laws, adult **** and the list goes on of things these backward leaning zealots try to prohibit. Mike Huckabee , Rick Santorum are of the same mold to backward leaning clowns currently running from the clown car. Hey if your ok with your kids being tracked with gps implants send them to ORAL Roberts U but you might give them some leather gloves so their knuckles don't get scratched up while they walk..

There is no attempt by religious zealots to take over this country than there is any other other group. Sure there are small groups of any believe that want everyone to believe exactly what they believe, but there is no vast conspiracy. Presidential candidates including Hillary and Sanders, along with the Republican candidates all suck up to the religious groups. They also suck up to senior citizens. They do so because these groups are known to vote.

You should take a look at the direction laws have went over the last few decades. Gay marriage is legal now, there are fewer blue laws than in the past, **** is in its hey day thanks to the internet. You have access to more debauchery than you ever have in the history of this country. Nobody is going to take that away from you.

Mini Mart Magnate

• LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    :rotflmao

Someone needs to tighten up the chin straps on that tin foil hat
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
    If you really believe that then I feel sorry for you. They are still fighting and murdering doctors and blowing up abortion clinics over abortion you think they will stop at that if those type got in control, I certainly don't. Religious zealots and right wing nut jobs (who often times overlap and are one in the same) are the biggest threat to this country, yes the biggest I said and that includes ISIS. These nuts and backward thinkers are trying to take this country from within.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Where I attended university we played ORU in mens basketball. Whenever they would come to our arena, we would tease their co-eds, asking what it was like to attend B**w J*b Bob university. They didn't like that or think it was funny.