Chazz Boat Ramp

I was not sure if I can launch my boat at Chazz. It is a 17' Flat Bottomed Bay Boat with a 90 HP. The boat draws 10-12 Inches. Should I be confident in launching there?

Replies

• BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,703 Captain
    floridafan wrote: »
    I was not sure if I can launch my boat at Chazz. It is a 17' Flat Bottomed Bay Boat with a 90 HP. The boat draws 10-12 Inches. Should I be confident in launching there?

Yep...you can launch it there. I would try to do it on a decent tide this time of the year. Mine, and Duane's Gheenoes run shallow but we still need at least a foot and a half to get on plane and that amount of water isn't always available.

The issue is do you know how to go out the river? If not I'd go slow and stay toward the middle except where it narrows down before opening up into a bay and at that junction you need to be right of the PVC stake and left of the next one. Then stay right of any PVC stakes until you get to the cut-off past the houses. The next cut to the left is okay but there is an oyster bar on the left you need to avoid as you exit the cut. From there to the real markers is one big open bay that is okay all year around in the middle.

If it warms up enough for me to get out there, I hate the cold, I'll let you know and you can follow me if the schedule works for you. I don't do week-ends either so that may be an issue.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • floridafanfloridafan Posts: 65 Deckhand
    That would be awesome! I will send you my info on the PM.