Amazing wahoo trip - video

Had a fantastic trip over in Bimini last weekend with multiple double headers and quality fish coming over the rail. Weather wasn't too bad so was able to make a video of our trip, turned out pretty well. Let me know what you think, tried to keep it short!

Replies

• Reef BanditReef Bandit Posts: 998 Officer
    I don't comment on a lot of video's because I think most of them are pretty bad but you edited the entire video perfectly. Different angles, lots of smiles, good fish and you didn't use "hard rock" like most people do.. why, I have no idea. You also get bonus points for letting your girl gaff the fish. I give the whole thing an "A".

PS, the last shot, leaving the Go Pro in the cooler and shutting the lid... great way to end it.

Hammer
  • TommTomm Posts: 359 Deckhand
    Awesome!!!
    2016 Sea Hunt 225 Ultra / 250HP Yamaha

2014 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR / 250HP Yamaha **Retired**
  • Gooch23Gooch23 Posts: 155 Deckhand
    Nice Work! :thumbsup
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,473 Captain
    I don't comment on a lot of video's because I think most of them are pretty bad but you edited the entire video perfectly. Different angles, lots of smiles, good fish and you didn't use "hard rock" like most people do.. why, I have no idea. You also get bonus points for letting your girl gaff the fish. I give the whole thing an "A".

PS, the last shot, leaving the Go Pro in the cooler and shutting the lid... great way to end it.

Hammer
    :Agree

X-2 (Your Gaff Girl rocks!)

Pura Vida!
  • holdemhook1holdemhook1 Posts: 168 Officer
    Great job on the the video and the catch!!!
    23 contender with 200 Mercury Optimax
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandangalomandangalo Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Great video! Impressive gaffing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Global Group Realty
    Lic. Real Estate Broker
    www.GlobalGroupRealty.com
  • IrryBaits17IrryBaits17 Posts: 40 Deckhand
    Awesome!!!
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,761 Captain

Hammer

Ditto, Like the previous posts, excellent video, great harvest, congratulations.

High speed wahoo trolling is more like commercial havesting than fishing....never stop the boat and drag lures fast on virtually unbreakable cables. Like commercial gill netting, speargunning and other highly effective forms of harvesting that were eventually Bahamian banned.....do we want to continue this ? It looks like alot of fun, but if we do, how long it will last ? I love fishing as much as anyone else, just something for all of us to think about -- Again great video editing, nice presentation, Congratulations.
  • floodflood Posts: 31 Deckhand
    Ditto, Like the previous posts, excellent video, great harvest, congratulations.

High speed wahoo trolling is more like commercial havesting than fishing....never stop the boat and drag lures fast on virtually unbreakable cables. Like commercial gill netting, speargunning and other highly effective forms of harvesting that were eventually Bahamian banned.....do we want to continue this ? It looks like alot of fun, but if we do, how long it will last ? I love fishing as much as anyone else, just something for all of us to think about -- Again great video editing, nice presentation, Congratulations.

John. Are you sure you know what HST is and how difficult it is? How do u suggest to catch wahoo if u can't troll? I don't think FS would've featured this it it was anywhere close to unethical. Lol.
    I thought the video was awesome!!!!
  • Bimini DreamBimini Dream Posts: 407 Deckhand
    The whole gang was to return this weekend to hopefully make a repeat performance but of course dear mother nature had something to say. We'll all set to try in Feb. though to give it another shot.
    A Part Of Paradise
    http://onetoughkitty.com
  • releasegearreleasegear Posts: 703 Officer
    awesome job and video. You didn 't need to use any lead on your lines?
    bornoffshore-sig.jpg

Mike Wilhite - Fisherman/President

Born Offshore Gear
    www.bornoffshore.com

'Performance Fishing Apparel'
  • GhostRiderGhostRider Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    great video! enjoyed tremendously!
    in an effort to learn a lil bit, did you fish out front?
    just north off North Rock? or south a bit?
    looking to head over soon!:crossed
    fish on the brain ; pirate in the blood
  • J23amesJ23ames Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    CatchDog that is one fantastic and impressive video... I thoroughly enjoyed it! If you do not mind me asking is that Engel Cooler a 240 or a 320???

Thank You!!!
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 569 Officer
    Great video.

Excellent deckhand too!
  • CoolisimoCoolisimo Posts: 190 Deckhand
    Outstanding!!!!
    Carpe Diem!
  • CatchDogCatchDog Posts: 308 Officer
    Thanks guys really appreciate the feedback!
    awesome job and video. You didn 't need to use any lead on your lines?
    The beauty of the Ballyhood cowbell is that you don't have to use lead. We fish them with and without lead though to get them way down.

Ghost - we ran all up and as far south as Cat

J23ames - That is the Engel 320, we really love it, a must have for these extended trips.
  • StealthStealth Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    What happened to the video?
  • jayseasjayseas Posts: 813 Officer
    Great video and unbelievable action. :fishing Many on this forum need to watch and learn from your lady's gaffing technique, it was superb.
  • StealthStealth Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    Hmm....must be on my end. I'll try again on another PC
  • probate-rprobate-r Posts: 303 Deckhand
    Great video. Keep up the great work!
    Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"
  • T-LUV2T-LUV2 Posts: 389 Officer
    Awesome video! Nice work guys and especially gal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    Super rad video!!! Nice job on a pretty epic trip!!!