Home Politics

Except a Man Be Born Again, He Cannot See the Kingdom of God

12346»

Replies

  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,351 AG
    HABU wrote: »
    2000? Pfft. How about up to 3500 years ago!

    Not the bible. The Pentateuch may be that old if you believe Moses wrote them about 1500 B.C.. The New Testament books were written as late as 40-90 A.D.. The earliest Hebrew Bible canon (old testament) was around 100 B.C.

    The bible, that is being copied and pasted here, is slightly less than 2000 years old.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,769 AG
    Before current era, glad I could help

    I, for one, would like to know when "current era" began exactly and what it is based on?
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,351 AG
    BCE and CE is an alternative naming of the Anno Domini system. It has been around for centuries.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • HABUHABU Posts: 111 Officer
    Before current era, glad I could help

    Not that big a help yet though if you could be a little more specific: Is that a calender? Like the Chinese calender? I know it's year 5327 or something like that for them. Must be a big headache for those that have to reconcile international documents.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Since I've only ever seen ENGLISH "being cut and pasted here" It's a safe bet most of what "is being cut and pasted here, is" from English language bibles.
    cadman wrote: »
    The Bible, that is being copied and pasted here, is slightly less than 2000 years old.

    The very 1st, hand written, English language bible was 1382, making it "slightly less than ~635 years old - at the very oldest.

    More than likely what "is being cut and pasted here, is" from some version of King James Bible completed in 1611. Making it scarcely more than 400 years old.

    This forum provides nothing but further evidence of the fact that nobody agrees on the various translations & interpretations, of ancient foreign language texts, nobody here has ever read, or "cut and pasted here".
  • HABUHABU Posts: 111 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    BCE and CE is an alternative naming of the Anno Domini system. It has been around for centuries.

    You mean it is a direct substitute for the Gregorian Calender? Is it better in any particular way? Centuries? I've been around for decades and have only recently seen that abbreviation.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Why guess? EZ enough to look up "the Chinese calender". If you know how to spell it.
    HABU wrote: »
    Not that big a help yet though if you could be a little more specific: Is that a calender? Like the Chinese calender? I know it's year 5327 or something like that for them. Must be a big headache for those that have to reconcile international documents.

    Apparently it will become 4713 on Feb 8th.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/about-chinese.html
  • HABUHABU Posts: 111 Officer
    Why guess? EZ enough to look up "the Chinese calender". If you know how to spell it.



    Apparently it will become 4713 on Feb 8th.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/about-chinese.html

    Thanks for handling the light work. Now get me a beer.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,351 AG
    HABU wrote: »
    You mean it is a direct substitute for the Gregorian Calender? Is it better in any particular way? Centuries? I've been around for decades and have only recently seen that abbreviation.

    Common Era was first used in English in the 1600s. It is traced back to the Latin vulgaris aerae or vulgar era. Jewish academics started using it in the mid 19th century. It has been used regularly in scientific and academic literature since the latter 20th century.

    It is non secular, since the use of BC and Ad is strictly a Christian concept denoting the birth of Jesus.

    It is not a substitute for the Gregorian calendar. It is a substitute for the Anno Domini numbering system. The Gregorian calendar is used with either designation.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,351 AG
    Since I've only ever seen ENGLISH "being cut and pasted here" It's a safe bet most of what "is being cut and pasted here, is" from English language bibles.



    The very 1st, hand written, English language bible was 1382, making it "slightly less than ~635 years old - at the very oldest.

    More than likely what "is being cut and pasted here, is" from some version of King James Bible completed in 1611. Making it scarcely more than 400 years old.

    This forum provides nothing but further evidence of the fact that nobody agrees on the various translations & interpretations, of ancient foreign language texts, nobody here has ever read, or "cut and pasted here".

    זה היה לגזור ולהדביק בעברית

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • HABUHABU Posts: 111 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    Common Era was first used in English in the 1600s. It is traced back to the Latin vulgaris aerae or vulgar era. Jewish academics started using it in the mid 19th century. It has been used regularly in scientific and academic literature since the latter 20th century.

    It is non secular, since the use of BC and Ad is strictly a Christian concept denoting the birth of Jesus.

    It is not a substitute for the Gregorian calendar. It is a substitute for the Anno Domini numbering system. The Gregorian calendar is used with either designation.

    It sounds like lazy censorship of the Christ centric Gregorian Calender given that the focal point, unique to these two calendars is the estimated year of the birth of Jesus Christ.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,351 AG
    HABU wrote: »
    It sounds like lazy censorship of the Christ centric Gregorian Calender given that the focal point, unique to these two calendars is the estimated year of the birth of Jesus Christ.

    It has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar. The Anno Domini numbering system (A.D. and B.C.) were developed in 525 by Monk Dionysius Exiguus. C.E. and B.C.E. is an alternative naming of this numbering system.

    The Gregorian calendar was introduced in 1582. The Gregorian calendar is used with either designation.

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • HABUHABU Posts: 111 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar. The Anno Domini numbering system (A.D. and B.C.) were developed in 525 by Monk Dionysius Exiguus. C.E. and B.C.E. is an alternative naming of this numbering system.

    The Gregorian calendar was introduced in 1582. The Gregorian calendar is used with either designation.

    So you don't disagree it is lazy censorship? Otherwise why secularize a calender that dates to the birth of Christ? Are we all supposed to pretend we're not aware of the event that happened at the focal point of either calender that was such a big deal that we mark days months and years by how long it has been since then?
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    One thing Theologists seem to agree on is that they don't know what year Jesus was born in.
    cadman wrote: »
    It is non secular, since the use of BC and Ad is strictly a Christian concept denoting the birth of Jesus.

    Some guesstimate 6 BC.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    HABU wrote: »
    So you don't disagree it is lazy censorship? Otherwise why secularize a calender that dates to the birth of Christ? Are we all supposed to pretend we're not aware of the event that happened at the focal point of either calender that was such a big deal that we mark days months and years by how long it has been since then?

    Funny though that so many right here believe that the earth was not around much longer than 4,000 years before that. We sure advanced quickly from creation to the birth of Christ, right?
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    Hebrew calendar year is 5776.
  • saltydancindavesaltydancindave Posts: 1,255 Officer
    Before Common Era & Common Era seemed to indicate only Islam & Muslims had anything in common with an immaculate conception fabricated misnomer so they could have sex slaves to satisfy their pedophile appetites. They most likely thought it would be more beneficial than just killing off their been played with toys as the latter day **** did. Also has significant designation as to carbon dating ancient texts as the Dead Sea Scrolls from that time period since changed to A.D. except for outside the current fiefdom Kingdom of God.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,351 AG
    HABU wrote: »
    So you don't disagree it is lazy censorship? Otherwise why secularize a calender that dates to the birth of Christ? Are we all supposed to pretend we're not aware of the event that happened at the focal point of either calender that was such a big deal that we mark days months and years by how long it has been since then?

    I would not say it is censorship. It was first used by Jews and then adopted in mainstream as a non-secular method of numbering the years. The Anno Domini numbering system is a secular system since it is based on a Christian event. You don't have to pretend anything, but why should those who do not follow your faith, be forced to pretend such an event happened?

    Mini Mart Magnate

    I am just here for my amusement. 

  • saltydancindavesaltydancindave Posts: 1,255 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    I would not say it is censorship. It was first used by Jews and then adopted in mainstream as a non-secular method of numbering the years. The Anno Domini numbering system is a secular system since it is based on a Christian event. You don't have to pretend anything, but why should those who do not follow your faith, be forced to pretend such an event happened?

    With the ongoing "reason not force" crusades farce of an over zealous churchstate of lynching enforcement homicidal sociopsychopathic suicidal schizophrenic Islamic pedophile-Muslim terrorist **** Christiananality mentality children; it's a wonder Stephen Hawking even calculated the human race another 100 years of survival with so many participating in their walking on water jihad collecting super ego jizya payments as if nothing ever happened except their faith in absolutions.
Sign In or Register to comment.