New Years Snook - Sebastian and Banana River report

It is going to be tough to go back to work after enjoying four days on the water last week.

Day One - Banana River - Took customers for light tackle action. I am manufacturer's rep in the construction industry, not a guide, but fishing trips are good for business. Action packed day with over 50 trout caught, mostly small with four nice trout from 20" to 23", two mangrove snapper to 14", and a 12 lb black drum.

Day Two - Banana River - Took another customer. Lost count of small trout, one slot redfish, five keeper mangrove snapper 12-14", one nice sheepshead, and a few jacks and ladyfish.

Day Three - Sebastian Inshore - Had customer cancel on me the night before, so I went solo. Great time with non-stop action, mostly big jack crevalles. Landed 6 trout over 20 inches(one at 27 inches and one just shy of 29" inches), a 27" snook, and three black drum sight cast on artificial. Landed 10 jacks from 8 to 17lbs and got freight trained and broke off ten times. The pictures do not do the trout justice. I was more concerned with getting the fish back in the water and it's tough to get good pictures fishing solo.

Day Four - Sebastian Inlet at night - Called my buddy Ronnie to hit the inlet for some catch and release snook action. Had the pleasure of hopping on Ronnie's Skeeter with his buddy Sergio. We landed six nice snook with the three best fish measuring 36 to 38.5 inches and called it a night early.

Replies