New Years Snook - Sebastian and Banana River report

It is going to be tough to go back to work after enjoying four days on the water last week.

Day One - Banana River - Took customers for light tackle action. I am manufacturer's rep in the construction industry, not a guide, but fishing trips are good for business. Action packed day with over 50 trout caught, mostly small with four nice trout from 20" to 23", two mangrove snapper to 14", and a 12 lb black drum.

Day Two - Banana River - Took another customer. Lost count of small trout, one slot redfish, five keeper mangrove snapper 12-14", one nice sheepshead, and a few jacks and ladyfish.

Day Three - Sebastian Inshore - Had customer cancel on me the night before, so I went solo. Great time with non-stop action, mostly big jack crevalles. Landed 6 trout over 20 inches(one at 27 inches and one just shy of 29" inches), a 27" snook, and three black drum sight cast on artificial. Landed 10 jacks from 8 to 17lbs and got freight trained and broke off ten times. The pictures do not do the trout justice. I was more concerned with getting the fish back in the water and it's tough to get good pictures fishing solo.

Day Four - Sebastian Inlet at night - Called my buddy Ronnie to hit the inlet for some catch and release snook action. Had the pleasure of hopping on Ronnie's Skeeter with his buddy Sergio. We landed six nice snook with the three best fish measuring 36 to 38.5 inches and called it a night early.

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,877 AG
    Nice....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 655 Officer
    Doing the new year right! Thanks for the report.
  • Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,343 Officer
    Catch and release snook in the inlet is awesome this time of year. Nice report.
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Posts: 1,332 Officer
    way to get some big fish, those trout are beauties
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    hell yeah dude solid report.. those are some fat specks man..
  • REDROBREDROB Posts: 54 Deckhand
    IM JEALOUS! NICE FISH!!
  • tryacctryacc Posts: 339 Deckhand
    Nice Job!
  • BoaterBWBoaterBW Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    What do you have to buy from you to get a fishing trip like that!
  • FlfjackFlfjack Posts: 646 Officer
    dude their faces say it all. awesome report!!!
    East Boynton
    IG jack.bbi
  • dtmdtm Posts: 327 Deckhand
    Awesome fish wtg:thumbsup
  • ReelFreeforallReelFreeforall Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    NICE!! What bait was working for you on the trout?

I've had quite a bit of success with the trout in that area on several trips since early December using a green soft plastic paddler with gold flakes on a 1/4 or 1/2 oz jig head usually green as well. Most of my larger ones (only a few over 20") were caught around the spoil islands just working the bottom slow or along mangrove edges that are a little protected from the wind.
  • Panfishangler1Panfishangler1 Posts: 885 Officer
    I don't believe I have ever caught a trout that big! Wow congrats on that. Fishing looks to be getting better and better out there!
    Panfishanglersigdownsized.gif
  • BluewaterfeverBluewaterfever Posts: 447 Deckhand
    That will work, nicely done!
    Dumb Fish Die First
  • Settin_HooksSettin_Hooks Posts: 233 Officer
    Very nice I'm jealous! Thats a monster trout, and those snook are beauties!
    2006 Maverick Master Angler SOLD
    2016 Sea Hunt Gamefish 25
  • FishseekerFishseeker Posts: 79 Greenhorn
    Great report
    Bait of choice on the Banana R?