Home Politics

BHO preparing for a gun control exec order for next week

WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
Who didn't see this coming? The only real question was the timing. Next week BHO will be all tan, rested and ready for more destruction of the constitution and therefore the country as our forefathers wanted it. BHO thinks he knows better, just ask him.

We can only hope the NRA and Guns for America have their attorneys ready.

Why does the writer use the word "weapon" and not "gun?" It is because he wants to stir up the liberal base.

Text from the lefty loving Politico:

President Barack Obama’s bid to assert himself in his final year will begin with long-awaited executive actions on gun control, expected to be released next week, shortly after he returns to Washington.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/obama-guns-gun-control-217234#ixzz3vvJ9dwkP

Replies

• Plan SeaPlan Sea Posts: 5,453 Officer
    The administration is also expected to impose tighter rules for reporting guns that get lost or stolen on their way to a buyer

Schitt, so If I don't report it will the Obama be coming for my phones?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,788 AG
    Freshly tanned? Like, skinned? Te he.

Honestly, all of this time and they still believe in the fictitious " gun show loophole "?

It's sad how easily a little sound bite can mislead so many people! And they are unable to be spoon fed the truth. They just keep yammering like they understand something, but they can't define what it is they think they understand.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    BHO preparing for a gun control exec order for next week

about time...
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Phlats, why do you hate America so much?
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,247 Captain
    All tyrants have at their disposal are ORDERS...THREATS...and intimidation.
    When a thug like Obama finds himself so out of step with the will of the American people, as expressed through their ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES...all he has left is ORDERS.
    Got it.
  • GrouperGuruGrouperGuru Posts: 262 Deckhand
    The article says executive action, not executive order. If that's correct then it really doesn't have any teeth to it at this point.
  • HalbraunHalbraun Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Phlats, why do you hate America so much?

WaterEngineer, Why do you have a problem with background checks and keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally incompetent and people on the TSA watchlist?
    Halbraun wrote: »
    WaterEngineer, Why do you have a problem with background checks and keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally incompetent and people on the TSA watchlist?

A. We already have background checks
    B. Which nameless appointed beauracrat are you going to trust that will get to say you are mentally competent for anything you do.
    C. How many people working for the government are in that watchlist? It is a hot mess of ineptitude.
  • HalbraunHalbraun Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Dave

The details have not been discussed yet, but rumors are they will be tightening background checks at "gun shows", but I want to see what is announced before making a judgement. I agree it is a hot mess, but I also support anything that helps keep me and my family safer.

I think my original reply was based more in the assumption that anyone that is open to that discussion must "hate America". That is patently not the case and having open discussions are going to be needed if we are going to find solutions we can all live with. Happy New Year..
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    Obama has done more to promote gun sales than any president in the history of America

The legislation that has been passed during Obama's presidency has actually done more to relax restrictions on gun owners than to restrict anything.

He isn't going to do anything that will actually impact anyone who wants to obtain a gun legally.

now that is from a stanch 2nd amendment supporter.
  • Reel Mayhem TooReel Mayhem Too Posts: 1,332 Officer
    Too late Rick, you're already pinned.
    Dave

The details have not been discussed yet, but rumors are they will be tightening background checks at "gun shows", but I want to see what is announced before making a judgement. I agree it is a hot mess, but I also support anything that helps keep me and my family safer.

I think my original reply was based more in the assumption that anyone that is open to that discussion must "hate America". That is patently not the case and having open discussions are going to be needed if we are going to find solutions we can all live with. Happy New Year..

Thank you. Happy New Year to your family as well!
    I bought a weapon at a gun show, how much tighter can they get? During the background check I had an hour or so to kill so I looked at the antique weapons there.

They shouldn't have to take your life apart, the job is to find out if you are a felon, or dangerous. Should be nothing more than that.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    If O'BUMMA can come up with a way to "keep guns out of the hands of the mentally incompetent snd people on the TSA watchlist" I would be all for it....but he can't. Been crying like a little baby for 7 yrs, he needs to see the laws we have are inforced.
    Too late Rick, you're already pinned.

echeck.jpg

We can now carry in national parks

How many states have gone to shall issue concealed weapons permits?

How many states have gone open carry?

How many states have passed legislation making a use of deadly force defense easier?
    Whatever it is, it shows some dubious bar increments till 2012. Is that the national debt?
    dave44 wrote: »
    Whatever it is, it shows some dubious bar increments till 2012. Is that the national debt?

background checks dude

doesn't even count those gun show and private sales
    rickc wrote: »
    background checks dude

doesn't even count those gun show and private sales

So, even you, gun owner extraordinaire, do not realize you cannot buy a gun at a gunshow from a vendor without a background check?

Maybe you don't know what your graphs mean either?
  • roto7777roto7777 Posts: 2,545 Captain
    I don't see the big deal......what could go wrong when 1 person decides what is best for the entire country........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, even you, gun owner extraordinaire, do not realize you cannot buy a gun at a gunshow from a vendor without a background check?

Maybe you don't know what your graphs mean either?

never bought a gun at a gun show.

I don't want any suspect guns in my collection.

I always run them through my local FFL Dealer.
    never bought a gun at a gun show.

I don't want any suspect guns in my collection.

I always run them through my local FFL Dealer.

Suspect guns? That's not a problem either. Someone's been using fearmongering on you.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG

You already have the answers you need but I will add.

1. It is against the constitution. You want that stuff amend the constitution. Go ahead, try.
    2. It is a slippery slope.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,445 AG
    You already have the answers you need but I will add.

1. It is against the constitution. You want that stuff amend the constitution. Go ahead, try.

I don't think anything I read in the article would be unconstitutional. What of the items do you think are unconstitutional?

From what I read.

Expanded definition of what is a gun dealer. Sellers who sell over a certain number per year would be required to get a license. Also those who buy and resell weapons with a certain time frame. Depending on the parameters, not sure I would object to this one. There are a lot of unlicensed dealers out there pretending they aren't really dealers. I think if you buy and sell more than a dozen guns a year, you might be a gun dealer.

Guns stolen in transit. I would have thought it was already a requirement for a dealer to report a weapon stolen in transport. The dealer must considered it sold and the buyer responsibility or that of the shipping company.

How do either of these violate the constitution?

They aren't new laws. I would even venture to say that the courts would say they are within the executive powers limitations since they just defined existing laws more clearly.

Did I miss a proposal?

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    I have a more basic question after reading what he will likely order next week: Do any of you think that it will make us ANY safer? I mean, "narrowing" the definition of a gun dealer? Tightening but not closing the so called gun show loophole? ...and other token moves.
    Suspect guns? That's not a problem either. Someone's been using fearmongering on you.

Ever had the police run the numbers on a gun you bought and have it come back stolen?

I have and don't want it to happen again!
    Ever had the police run the numbers on a gun you bought and have it come back stolen?

I have and don't want it to happen again!

Never had the police run numbers on any gun I own. I did have one placed into evidence that I used in self defense. they first tried to claim it was sold to a dealer in Texas, even though I bought it new from a local dealer. They then wanted me to provide the bill of sale. this was what I was told on the phone by some moron. When I went to pick up the gun, they ask for my I.D. to verify it was me and gave me the gun back. Never asked for the bill of sale or any other paperwork.

Why did you take a gun to the police and have them run the numbers? You buy from suspicious characters often?

Mini Mart Magnate

• NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
    roto7777 wrote: »
    I don't see the big deal......what could go wrong when 1 person decides what is best for the entire country........

Yep....this is the main point. Sadly, in an effort to appear enlightened, some try to rationalize and justify these actions.

We are headed down the rabbit hole......and the morons don't see it. But Hey, at least they think they sound intellectually Superior when the try to rationalize the actions of a power hungry mad man.
    I have a more basic question after reading what he will likely order next week: Do any of you think that it will make us ANY safer? I mean, "narrowing" the definition of a gun dealer? Tightening but not closing the so called gun show loophole? ...and other token moves.

It won't do anything but make the gun control advocates happy. But it really isn't anything to blow a gasket over either.

It's been a slippery slope since 1876.

Mini Mart Magnate

• phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    roto7777 wrote: »

like the "decider"?
    cadman wrote: »
    Never had the police run numbers on any gun I own. I did have one placed into evidence that I used in self defense. they first tried to claim it was sold to a dealer in Texas, even though I bought it new from a local dealer. They then wanted me to provide the bill of sale. this was what I was told on the phone by some moron. When I went to pick up the gun, they ask for my I.D. to verify it was me and gave me the gun back. Never asked for the bill of sale or any other paperwork.

Why did you take a gun to the police and have them run the numbers? You buy from suspicious characters often?

I was stopped at a road check many years ago. My drivers license was expired. My stupidity. He made me go with him to the courthouse to post bond and get someone to come and get me since I could not legally drive. I had a ruger super Blackhawk in the truck stuck between the seats. He said we better take that with us and on the way in he called in the numbers and they came back stolen. Quite a shock to me because I had bought the gun at a gun shop. I sent my secretary by the gun shop to pick up a copy of the paperwork and pick me up. Since then I don't want any gun in my possession that might be suspect.
    I was stopped at a road check many years ago. My drivers license was expired. My stupidity. He made me go with him to the courthouse to post bond and get someone to come and get me since I could not legally drive. I had a ruger super Blackhawk in the truck stuck between the seats. He said we better take that with us and on the way in he called in the numbers and they came back stolen. Quite a shock to me because I had bought the gun at a gun shop. I sent my secretary by the gun shop to pick up a copy of the paperwork and pick me up. Since then I don't want any gun in my possession that might be suspect.

You bought a stolen gun from a FFL dealer?

How do you ensure you don't buy "suspect" guns any more. Do you call the cops and have them run the numbers of every weapon you buy?

What state was this? How was a gun stuck between the seats and not get you charged for concealed weapon.

Mini Mart Magnate