Home Politics

California Will Take Your Guns

13»

Replies

• Plan SeaPlan Sea Posts: 5,453 Officer
    mikev wrote: »
    OK, I apologize PS. Didn't mean to get you all worked up.

Yeah I shouldn't work you over so hard, quoting your own words an all, my bad.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Plan Sea wrote: »
    Yeah I shouldn't work you over so hard, quoting your own words an all, my bad.

Might try quoting all of the words. Then I can show you what it means, sarcasm, logic, all of it. I'll tell you how to interpret things so you get it.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    Might try quoting all of the words. Then I can show you what it means, sarcasm, logic, all of it. I'll tell you how to interpret things so you get it.

Oh dear preaches educating sarcasm now and fails to see it poured on him like a full spittoon.

Just to clear the air here Mike, how is the text of the law made public that stipulates the reasoning and given a court order of seizure NOT "Without notice, without cause" I see it all the time on that Law and Order show, looks pretty real.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,766 AG
    He doesn't want to talk about this topic or any topic. He just likes to pick apart words. And sarcasm eludes him.

Shouldn't there be a list of them, somewhere?
    Just to clear the air here Mike, how is the text of the law made public that stipulates the reasoning and given a court order of seizure NOT "Without notice, without cause" I see it all the time on that Law and Order show, looks pretty real.

OK, sorry. Had to go pick up some vittles for the game tomorrow. Going to see Michigan kick the snot out of the Gators.

If *we* lived in California, and I *believed* that you were a danger to society, and I could get those police that you loathe so much (but in this case you trust them? Very hypocritical) to go along with it, and you consider that *cause*, then you would be correct. I, for one, don't believe that definition or scenario. There is already a law in place that allows this if a *trained* professional deems you unsafe. And since you are so anal, I'm sure that you know why and how this law made it through. After all, it's *old* news that goes wayyyyyyy back. Now, *I* was the one who used the word *cause*, and what I meant to do was quote the article with the word *charges*. They do not need to bring forth any charges on people who live in *California*.

Now if you believe that when you get a speeding ticket, you have been given *notice*, then I don't know what to tell you. If they show up to your door (if you lived in California and they *believed* that you were a danger), and give you a piece of paper and take your guns (if you lived in California and they *believed* that you were a danger) that it provides *notice* to you, then I don't know what to tell you.

[edit] I read the part above, and I don't think you'll get it. So how about this then: If you don't know something legally is going to happen against you or your property until it happens, then that should not be considered *notice*. [/edit]

So there you go, have fun. Your OCD and anal traits are going to go crazy for a bit, but remain clam. You can do it. Let's see if you can answer something in an adult way.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    Oh dear it's a court order issued by a judge. Cops are just the servers they have no authority to circumvent the judicial process, what's is with your nonsense?

Btw a speeding ticket is a notice to appear. So yeah Perry mason it is notice

Sorry I have to point out facts around here it clearly irritates you
    Without notice, without cause, and for 21 days.

As of Friday, California’s new law would enable a judge to issue a restraining order against a gun owner based on accounts from family and police.

Right from the article. You can't nitpick on just some of the words. Nitpick on all of them.
    He doesn't want to talk about this topic or any topic. He just likes to pick apart words.
    what I meant to do was quote the article with the word *charges*.

You were saying? Seems you validate my point of discussion that YOU posted, no need for a second apology Mike.
    Right from the article. You can't nitpick on just some of the words. Nitpick on all of them.

Mike, for the last time No officer has the power to take a gun from you in Cali w/o due process in this instance. That is left to the courts.

There is nothing to nitpick except you bad choice of wording. You get a *judge* to go along with it. They are the arbiter of who is believed.

Btw why did you post an article for discussion only to make it into a hypothetical? weird
    Oh dear it's a court order issued by a judge.

And the judge is going to base his/her decision on what exactly? I can step you through this thing. I just have to slow down for you.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    the problem begins when the interpretation of "without notice" and "without cause" get lumped together in a sentence and someone sort of scans over it....they don't take the time to "read it" and distinguish the two, and more importantly, things like commas, get in the way, or just not taken into account...

believe me, as a land surveyor I write a lot of legal descriptions and prepare deeds...
    one comma left out, or a semi-colon in the wrong place, the document is trash...and if by chance, one of those pesky commas get in the wrong place, the document makes it through vetting and gets recorded, then there will be hell to pay at some point in the future...

and in Mississippi, surveyors have no statute of limitations...I carry any screw ups to my grave....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
    And the judge .

Finally!!!, you get it.

Hold the phone, are you trying to float the notion that cops would go to a judge under false pretense? make up a story or falsify a statement in order to obtain a court order? I thought you for a cop supporter? Is there a valid reason why a cop would openly lie to a judge? Never saw that on that Law and Order TV show
    the problem begins when the interpretation of "without notice" and "without cause" get lumped together in a sentence and someone sort of scans over it....they don't take the time to "read it" and distinguish the two, and more importantly, things like commas, get in the way, or just not taken into account...

believe me, as a land surveyor I write a lot of legal descriptions and prepare deeds...
    one comma left out, or a semi-colon in the wrong place, the document is trash...and if by chance, one of those pesky commas get in the wrong place, the document makes it through vetting and gets recorded, then there will be hell to pay at some point in the future...

and in Mississippi, surveyors have no statute of limitations...I carry any screw ups to my grave....

Good stuff Mac and I get it. They already had something in place where a professional (like you) makes the determination. Right, wrong or otherwise, the professional makes the decision or recommendation. From the article, far as I can tell that part is still the same. But they've added that the family and/or police can believe a person is a danger. Like I said before, pages and pages ago, that's pretty subjective, and I can think of scenarios where this might be abused and/or used unjustly. I'm no law professor, but a real life one made some comments about it in the article.

Whoops! Better change "law professor" to "criminology professor", I know how PS is about those things.
    Finally!!!, you get it.

Hold the phone, are you trying to float the notion that cops would go to a judge under false pretense? make up a story or falsify a statement in order to obtain a court order? I thought you for a cop supporter? Is there a valid reason why a cop would openly lie to a judge? Never saw that on that Law and Order TV show

I asked you a very simple question and you still, no matter how slow I go, are willing to answer it. You are more concerned about arguing with me and trying to be "right". That's pretty sad, but indicative of your condition. I feel sorry for you and those that actually have to live, breathe and interact with you in real life.
    I asked you a very simple question and you still, no matter how slow I go, are willing to answer it. You are more concerned about arguing with me and trying to be "right". That's pretty sad, but indicative of your condition. I feel sorry for you and those that actually have to live, breathe and interact with you in real life.

Mike, I know the cops can go to a judge, you are the one having the issue of trust. In order to have that issue one would have to believe the cops don't know what they are talking about or perhaps giving false statements to a judge. That is your paranoia not mine

The fact is this has no effect on you yet you continue to drone on about it, rather mind boggling now that in order to discuss it you have to turn it into a what if dialog, even more inane

Feeling sorry?, LOL. You can't even get your words you want to use correctly and have to post a retraction because you fumbled Mike, Jeebus dude you should have just stopped right there.

As for being right, well I did get you to correct your record, stop waging the finger already and put it back where you found it.

My condition is I can't stop doing this to you