Home Politics

Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood

phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
Wow, she used her Christian faith to get someone else killed when she could just as easily have used that power from God to dispel that evil tornado.

Texas Christian claims she diverted tornado to another neighborhood: ‘God had given us authority over the winds’

Texas woman says her Christian faith gave her the power to redirect a tornado away from her home.

Sabrina Lowe, of Rowlett, said 10 family members were visiting her apartment Saturday when they heard the distinctive train noise of the approaching tornado, reported NPR.

“We actually went outside and started commanding the winds, because God had given us authority over the winds, the airways,” Lowe said. “And we just began to command this storm not to hit our area. We spoke to the storm and said, ‘Go to unpopulated places.’ It did exactly what we said to do, because God gave us the authority to do that.”

The EF4 tornado, with wind speeds up to 180 mph, was among nine confirmed tornadoes that swept through the Dallas area, killing 11 people and destroying more than 1,000 buildings.

The tornado killed eight people and destroyed about 600 buildings in nearby Garland as the storm barreled north from Sunnyvale to Rowlett, where Lowe lives.

No one was killed in Rowlett, but the tornado damaged or destroyed about 450 buildings.

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/texas-christian-claims-she-diverted-tornado-to-another-neighborhood-god-had-given-us-authority-over-the-winds/

Replies

• roto7777roto7777 Posts: 2,545 Captain
    I wish she had been on the boat yesterday afternoon at Mosquito Lagoon.... wind was terrible.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    roto7777 wrote: »
    I wish she had been on the boat yesterday afternoon at Mosquito Lagoon.... wind was terrible.......

I wish I had been on my boat in the Mosquito Lagoon yesterday, wind or not.... but come March 31, I shall be on the Mosquito Lagoon during the week (not weekends). I'm retiring March 31!! I have a mile long list of things I want to do.
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    I wish I had been on my boat in the Mosquito Lagoon yesterday, wind or not.... but come March 31, I shall be on the Mosquito Lagoon during the week (not weekends). I'm retiring March 31!! I have a mile long list of things I want to do.

nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »

Engineers don't retire. It will drive you nuts.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    .....hahahahahhah.....:grin

Ya just gotta love it.......and this woman......with these mystical powers and a "relationship" with "The Almighty" can divert the weather.......but not hit the lottery?:grin
  • Schmidty wrote: »
    .....hahahahahhah.....:grin

Ya just gotta love it.......and this woman......with these mystical powers and a "relationship" with "The Almighty" can divert the weather.......but not hit the lottery?:grin

...and she killed 11 others with her selfishness.

That doesn't sound very "Christian" to me.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Plan SeaPlan Sea Posts: 5,453 Officer
    "because God gave us the authority to do that.”

To kill 11 people in a neighboring town, she should be charged with an act of terrorism.

I bet she gets front row seating come Sunday.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Must be true. After all we were told that Bush and Cheney steered hurricane Katrina into New orleans case they hate colored folks!:)
    Wow.....

I am more amazed each and every day with the amount of different sects that encompass the religion(s) of "Christianity".....

...and here I am attempting to do the best that I can to live by God's rules of life....knowing that by knowingly breaking a few of them...that some day I will have to "stand tall before the man" and accept his judgment of me.....and the bitter punishment that may follow....

..and yet we have people who their 'personal deity" allows them to re-direct weather....kill people....while others can **** and murder muslim boys....and still go to heaven...and walk around being self proclaimed "living saints"......with absolutely no "free will" at all...

I am absolutely confused from all of this ....and possibly now have terminal brain cancer from this.....the newest pseudo christian attack against all reason and morality......
  • DancinGeneDancinGene Posts: 1,760 Captain
    Sorry about the brain cancer Schmidty, I hate when that happens.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,114 AG
    Those tornado just proves that God hates Texas ...
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    Can't god read a map? why did he have to phone in his handy work to Sabrina
    Schmidty wrote: »
    Wow.....

I am more amazed each and every day with the amount of different sects that encompass the religion(s) of "Christianity".....

...and here I am attempting to do the best that I can to live by God's rules of life....knowing that by knowingly breaking a few of them...that some day I will have to "stand tall before the man" and accept his judgment of me.....and the bitter punishment that may follow....

..and yet we have people who their 'personal deity" allows them to re-direct weather....kill people....while others can **** and murder muslim boys....and still go to heaven...and walk around being self proclaimed "living saints"......with absolutely no "free will" at all...

I am absolutely confused from all of this ....and possibly now have terminal brain cancer from this.....the newest pseudo christian attack against all reason and morality......

I'll sum it up....basically, she is wacky, and I am making fun of her.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So then we can make fun of you being whacky because she has faith just like you then.

She is a Christian, please explain why she is not to believed? You confuse those that are on the fence when it comes to faith. We need to know the setting of the BS meter when it comes to believing and who thumbs the dial. TYIA.
    Oh my.....

I can see it now.....

"Spiney"....."Buda" ....and their faithful sidekick...."Earl"....

.....In black robes whipping the chit out of one another...screaming..."Do you believe".....and attempting to evoke their own personal deity to send a tornado....or some other disaster ....to slay absolutely everyone on the planet who doesn't "lock-step" with them and all their nefarious ideas......

....or maybe .....they are just going to give everyone here brain cancer?
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    I could probably post such wacko nutty stories two or three times a day if I scanned the news for them.

Scary in a way since they walk among us but live in a different delusional world.

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
    Lots of good replies. :)

This one made me :grin
    Plan Sea wrote: »
    So then we can make fun of you being whacky because she has faith just like you then.

She is a Christian, please explain why she is not to believed? You confuse those that are on the fence when it comes to faith. We need to know the setting of the BS meter when it comes to believing and who thumbs the dial. TYIA.
    ...and she killed 11 others with her selfishness.

That doesn't sound very "Christian" to me.

I was the one to call her "wacky" on this thread, but upon further review, the story is VERY misleading. The author made it sound like it went to Dallas and killed 11 people after she said she prayed. In her defense, if you read the story and see a map, all the deaths were PRIOR to her praying. 11 total from Dallas through Sunnydale BEFORE hitting Roulette, where she lives. No one was killed in Roulette or afterwards.

The writer (either on purpose or not) mislead readers to think she prayed the tornado to kill 11 people....bad reporting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The writer (either on purpose or not) mislead readers to think she prayed the tornado to kill 11 people....bad reporting.

She has the power to steer tornadoes cuz the big guy "gave her authority" why didn't she move it prior to killing all those people, oh perhaps she is just selfish when it comes to HER town then?

So is she still on your whacky Christian meter or has the dial just moved to less whacky Christian.
    She has the power to steer tornadoes cuz the big guy "gave her authority" why didn't she move it prior to killing all those people, oh perhaps she is just selfish when it comes to HER town then?

So is she still on your whacky Christian meter or has the dial just moved to less whacky Christian.

To your first question, I've been in 2 tornadoes. Both times, I had little to no warning, so I'm not going to infer how long she knew of the tornado.

For the second question, I would dial her meter down, not because she prayed it away (though I think prayer can be powerful), but if I just witnessed an f4 barreling down on me and prayed it would miss me and it did, I'm not sure what I would believe or say.
    Also, adrenalin can take the filter off what you say.

My dial would move to "I looked up, saw an f4 coming at me, prayed, and it missed me. It then went on to kill no one after it had already killed 11. I'm giving her a pass to say whatever she wants...........If it was me, I would have missed the reporter because I would have been in the house changing my pants.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My dial would move to "I looked up, saw an f4 coming at me, prayed, and it missed me. It then went on to kill no one after it had already killed 11. I'm giving her a pass to say whatever she wants...........If it was me, I would have missed the reporter because I would have been in the house changing my pants.........

is that like saying there are no atheists in fox holes?
  • I was in Muscatine a few years ago for my firm's annual meeting. At the reception I heard these sirens sound and asked what that noise was. The building had storm doors which closed automatically.

I hadn't seen a tornado before, so I went outside to see what was going to kill me.

It was like the Wizard of Oz . So I watched it come down the road towards the hotel.

I guess I could have prayed for it to go away, but chose to go back inside with the rest of the sane people.

I didn't kill me, BTW.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Dr. BogasDr. Bogas Posts: 533 Officer
    troll! Post title incorrect she did not pray it to another neighborhood she prayed it to underpopulated area. attack on Christians fail.
    Dr. Bogas wrote: »
    troll! Post title incorrect she did not pray it to another neighborhood she prayed it to underpopulated area. attack on Christians fail.

Me thinks Roto is part of her club and perhaps yours?
    Me thinks Roto is part of her club and perhaps yours?

What club would that be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]