Home Politics

BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE AND HEAR?

Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
Old saying when I was in The Guard was, "Don't believe anything you hear, and half of what you see."

Apparently, things have not changed:

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 

Replies

• ...or enough to start threads from your spam email?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    ...or enough to start threads from your spam email?

Please,

keep on with such comments that reflect impetuous delusional nonsense and your weakness,
    vs. my secure strength.

:huh

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • Please do not attack the members personally.

Thanks.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,561 AG
    You're killin the listenership of my podcasts..
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    Please do not attack the members personally.

Thanks.

I don't, by any logical definition. I am mostly an easy-going humorous member and, I think,
    can muster several others here to confirm.

Yours however was an attack, and again, another secondary cheap and nonsensical weak cop-out.

And not worth all that much so am not going to go any further.

“Scientists are human and can be driven by hopes and desires into error and folly.

Science is and should be international. The intrusion of patriotism and ideology can only be mischievous.

Science has a strong tendency to be self correcting. Confirmation of all findings are required and it is not easy to come by. Without confirmation, findings are thrown out.

In science...one cannot make up for stupidity and incompetence by cultivating a charming smile and a carefree wave of the hand.”

And,

“If a scientist has one piece of temperamental equipment that is essential to his job, it is that of a built-in doubter. Before he does anything he must doubt. He must doubt what others tell him and what he reads in reference books, and most of all, what his own experiments show him and what his own reasoning tells him.”

-- Asimov

• Reel Mayhem TooReel Mayhem Too Posts: 1,332 Officer
    Please do not attack the members personally.

Thanks.

I do believe that you will know when you are actually attacked so you may just want to curtail the " boy who cried wolf " routine. " Others will pay for my sins " as quoted from someone at some time...
  • Please do not insult or personally attack other members.

Thanks.

...or enough to start threads from your spam email?

Furthermore, I don't know what the current qualifications are to be a "Moderator" but I am increasingly
    wondering about yours?

A moderator seemingly would be a person who is fair, balanced, and well versed with the (hopefully)
    successful philosophy of the Forum owners.

A quote from GOOD PROFIT, by Charles G. Koch:

"From antiquity to today, the best societies, as well as the best companies, have been the ones with
    a framework of freedom in which individuals can improve their lives by improving the lives of others."

I know this is somewhat ethereal and hope you and the owners of FS will appreciate?

Research is easily available.

• Baits Out wrote: »
    Furthermore, I don't know what the current qualifications are to be a "Moderator" but I am increasingly
    wondering about yours?

A moderator seemingly would be a person who is fair, balanced, and well versed with the (hopefully)
    successful philosophy of the Forum owners.

A quote from GOOD PROFIT, by Charles G. Koch:

"From antiquity to today, the best societies, as well as the best companies, have been the ones with
    a framework of freedom in which individuals can improve their lives by improving the lives of others."

I know this is somewhat ethereal and hope you and the owners of FS will appreciate?

Research is easily available.

Please do not personally attack or direct your conversation to another member.

Remain on the subject matter.

Thanks.

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    I'm skeptical.
    Vote for the other candidate