Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Member Business Exchange

Looking for Concrete Slab

Looking to get an driveway extension poured for my skiff(Located on Kernan Near UNF). Approx. area is 600 sqft. Would much rather give the work to someone needing the work and willing to give me a reasonable price. Slab will butt up against the house on one side and come within a few inches of my fence. One larger root could be a small issue but I can hack it out if need be.

Just looking for a standard slab nothing fancy

All the big name guys have 4-6 weeks of backlog and are not interested in giving me a reasonable quote it seems.

Please PM if interested and I will get back within a few days or so to setup a time to come quote it

Replies

• My_MitziMy_Mitzi Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    Found someone yesterday......No longer looking
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,810 AG
    They doing standard 2500 psi with no rebar or fiber? I would spring for something. I assume it's a standard 4" slab as well right? If you plan to eventually put a cover have them put the J bolts in now, you can always put the cover on later but it's nice to have the bolts in place already
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Ended up getting a 3000 psi mix with fiber mesh. My Hoa prevents car port structures or I would of been prepping with the bolts. Above average concrete performed the work and did a phenomenal job. Called them last Thursday and the performed to this Monday
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,810 AG
    Right on! I'm sure they love those kind of jobs, get in, get out, get paid. Glad you like it. Did they have to pump it or did they tailgate?
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Right on! I'm sure they love those kind of jobs, get in, get out, get paid. Glad you like it. Did they have to pump it or did they tailgate?

They pumped it into the skid steer small loader and drove it back with that. Concrete truck stayed in the road and didn't damage my existing driveway or paver border
  • TreyLTreyL Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Who did you use? I’m looking into getting another driveway poured too.
    "Above Average Concrete" was the name of the company. I cannot find their contact info anymore though. They offered a much better Cash price fyi