Home Politics

Odd, I don't recall the Outrage and calls for "Justice"

NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG
hmmmmm....wonder why the hypocrisy....???

On Sunday, May 31, police shot and killed 47-year-old James D. Bushey. He was suspected of stealing beer from a store and hiding in a nearby restaurant. Bushey was shot by police after he pointed a weapon at an officer.

"Police later determined the weapon was a BB gun designed to look like a 9 mm handgun, leaving unanswered questions about why Bushey drew the firearm in the first place.

The officers involved in the shooting did not face charges, according to the Anderson County District Attorney's office, and have returned to full duty. "

Taken from:http://www.kltv.com/story/29447223/palestine-police-release-video-of-officer-involved-shooting-at-restaurant

I even started an entire thread in OT.....no one seemed to question the officers judgement on that one....
http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?196013-Serious-****!-!-!-***Caution-Disturbing-Video***

Replies

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    guess cyclist and jr couldn't get angry over whitey being shot
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,540 Admiral
    has to be due to racism
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    It was just a toy.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    dead person 12 years old?
    Chubasco.jpg
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    chubasco wrote: »
    dead person 12 years old?

In a play ground?
  • Plan SeaPlan Sea Posts: 5,453 Officer
    OMG, this guy was 47 not 12 y/o. I didn't see in the kid video where he brandished his toy.

These cops also didn't lie in a police statement nor have a checkered service history.

Really folks?
    Plan Sea wrote: »
    OMG, this guy was 47 not 12 y/o.

How does age change the perceptions of the police? Both were confronted with what they determined to be a weapon.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Boy was shot within 2 seconds of the police arriving. Do you believe he was asked to drop the gun 4 times?
    Chubasco.jpg
    Boy was shot within 2 seconds of the police arriving. Do you believe he was asked to drop the gun 4 times?

See other thread.
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG

This guy was shot within one second of pulling out his "toy" gun.........
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    mikev wrote: »
    It was just a toy.
    How is that relevant ?
    How is that relevant ?

It's not - sarcasm from the other thread.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,269 AG
    White cops and white perp = no one gives a ****.

Next issue.
    Warning Level 2
    How does age change the perceptions of the police? Both were confronted with what they determined to be a weapon.

Yeah, and cops don't lie, GMAFB Mike.
    This guy was shot within one second of pulling out his "toy" gun.........

Can you show the class the video of the kid doing the same?

Cop wouldn't lie now would he? I mean look at the first aid he said he administered in the video according to his statement. I mean there is video right?
    Yeah, and cops don't lie, GMAFB Mike.

I never said that at all. Everyone lies. Me, you, everyone. But a lot of folks are saying that they are lying. Well, in a court of law, you have to prove that. And my response to your post was about age anyway.
    Can you show the class the video of the kid doing the same?

Cop wouldn't lie now would he? I mean look at the first aid he said he administered in the video according to his statement. I mean there is video right?

You do know that this officer is no longer an officer, right? Apparently this whole thing hit him very hard. I can't imagine. Sad all the way around.

See a lot of you think a lot of us are actually glad that the kid died. We're not. We're actually sad that he died. We just understand how it happened and choose not to further an agenda with blame. Well, I do blame the boys parents, but I digress.....
    I never said that at all. Everyone lies. Me, you, everyone. But a lot of folks are saying that they are lying. Well, in a court of law, you have to prove that. And my response to your post was about age anyway.

The cop was caught lying Mike, so I guess the rest of the story should be suspect as well like saying it was a weapon. He was warned of one prior that is about it.

As for age, I take it you treat a 12 y/o the same as a 47 y/o man in life?
    The cop was caught lying Mike, so I guess the rest of the story should be suspect as well like saying it was a weapon. He was warned of one prior that is about it.

As for age, I take it you treat a 12 y/o the same as a 47 y/o man in life?

What was the lie? And if I was a cop, and a person (regardless of age) is pointing a weapon at me, you bet I'm shooting them. Would it be easier to shoot an adult? Probably. I will never know, I can't imagine.
    You do know that this officer is no longer an officer, right? Apparently this whole thing hit him very hard. I can't imagine. Sad all the way around.

See a lot of you think a lot of us are actually glad that the kid died. We're not. We're actually sad that he died. We just understand how it happened and choose not to further an agenda with blame. Well, I do blame the boys parents, but I digress.....

So what Mike, according to his work history he was never fit to be one.

Hey pal, don't put words in my mouth on what you think anyone thinks about being "glad" around here, don't pin you BS on me. Now you wanna blame the kids parents for a kid playing with a toy gun in a park? UFB. Kids was 12 and probably startled when they rolled in on him like that and probably panicked.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    It was just bad. What kind of trained cop is gonna pull up 2 feet from someone supposedly with a gun and get out of the car to say "drop the gun"? The cops rolled in shooting....and they are supposed to be the trained "peace" officers. Bad training caused the cop to be fearful and make a bad shoot. There was no one around to protect.....no reason to come in guns blazing, other than being stupid.
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,482 Officer

Hey pal, don't put words in my mouth on what you think anyone thinks about being "glad" around here, don't pin you BS on me. Now you wanna blame the kids parents for a kid playing with a toy gun in a park? UFB. Kids was 12 and probably startled when they rolled in on him like that and probably panicked.

http://gotnews.com/tamirrice-mom-illegal-weapon-charge-criminal-record/
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck

My response was a result of an article Cyclist posted in another thread.

Did I put words in your mouth or are you starting to feel a bit uncomfortable because I'm hitting a little too close to home for you? And you might want to read the link that GG posted.
    What was the lie? And if I was a cop, and a person (regardless of age) is pointing a weapon at me, you bet I'm shooting them. Would it be easier to shoot an adult? Probably. I will never know, I can't imagine.

If you don't know what about then you really should stay out of this thread.

You are taking the word of the officer that says a gun was pointed at him

You are taking the word of the officer that says a gun was pointed at him

And you are not. Therein lies the debate.
    My response was a result of an article Cyclist posted in another thread.

Did I put words in your mouth or are you starting to feel a bit uncomfortable because I'm hitting a little too close to home for you? And you might want to read the link that GG posted.

See a lot of you think a lot of us are actually glad that the kid died.

Close to home, ****? I am not taking the word of a lying cop, you are.
    And you are not. Therein lies the debate.

Mike, the police report and story did not reflect the video, really you wanna go this route?

Close to home, ****? I am not taking the word of a lying cop, you are.

Prove he lied. Let the authorities know. He'll go to jail and society will thank you.
    Prove he lied. Let the authorities know. He'll go to jail and society will thank you.

The GD video proved it Mike, stop being an **** already.

try telling some one to drop a gun, hands up 3 time in less than 2 seconds for starters.

Look at the video, he was not sitting with other people at the table per the cops report

Cop said he administered first aid, he did nothing of the sort, a near by FBI agent did that.

Show us where he reached in that video