South Blocks

I was wondering, can you still fish/launch the south blocks anywhere ?? Or put in along 41? I have a 17' skiff.
I would like to fish fresh water this wkend,
I always cast to where the fish are. :crossed

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 6,811 Admiral
    Check out Port of the Islands.
    I think their is a dirt ramp at the spillway there on the north side. Goggle earth should show it.
    That should run you into all the canals at the far South end. I also Think? there are a couple dead end road ramps in Golden gate Canal system if you want to fish North.
    A Canoe or a johnboat would get you anywhere....
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • WATERTIMEinshoreWATERTIMEinshore Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    Your best bet is putting in by the gun range. All the ramps that use to be accessible off the east side of Everglades Blvd are now closed due to the new pump stations that are being installed in the south blocks by the core of engineers. There is still a dirt ramp at the Big T but you cannot drive there due to signs posted stating that there is no vehicle access beyond this point.
    Capt. Brad Buczko
    WATER TIME Inshore Fishing
    (239)-963-5282
  • Mr.SnookMr.Snook NaplesPosts: 90 Greenhorn
    There is a dirt ramp near the Gun ranges at Port of the Islands as other have mentioned but does anyone know if it's open for public use? I know the POI resort on the north side was recently purchased well at least the old hotel part was. There is also a dirt ramp off Randall Blvd east of Valencia Golf & Country Club. Going east it will be on the right hand side of the road. I was fishing the bank there and managed to catch a pretty nice snook but that was the only thing I caught in like an hour but I suspect you may have better luck in a boat. There is also the newer county ramp at the County Park off Santa Barbra Blvd.

Hope this helps some.