Home Rod Building and Reel Repair

ambassadeur 7000

I have 2 ambassadeur 7000 have removed the levelwind's for more distance in casting for Pompano Fishing.
is there a part or something to plug the Holes that are now there from removing levelwind's .


  • XafXaf Posts: 1,104 Officer
    I'm not an expert but I don't think there is a specific part made to do what you are asking. You might be able to McGyer it with some thing from a hardware store. If you find something be sure to put some anti-seize on it so you can get back out if you want to.
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 476 Deckhand
    Yes there is, you can buy a kit. Try calling Red Drum Tackle in Buxton, NC or maybe Hatteras Jack's Bait and Tackle in Rodanthe, NC. They do lots of reel mods and 7000 was always a popular drum reel or if you google conversion kit for 7000 there are lots of kits in Europe.
  • territunaterrituna Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    You can also use a plug that they use for multi piece rods to cover the hole in the blanks
Sign In or Register to comment.