Fresh torillas for fish tacos.
Don't buy the pre-made stuff every again. It's way to easy to make your own. They keep for several weeks, have not tried freezing them.
1. Buy some Masa Harina (basically corn flour that has been treated with lime to release nutrients and allow it to get doughy). Publix has it.
2. 2 cups Masa Harina, 1.5 cups water and a little salt.
3. Hand mix for a couple of minutes add water if too stiff or Masa if sticky.
4. Make about 16 balls of dough. Flatten them to about 4-5 inches with your hands, a tortilla press, or a rolling pin with the dough in a dish towel. Should not stick but you have to be careful peeling the flattened tortilla off the towel.
4. Cook on a heated skillet (cast iron is best) for about 50 seconds a side. You can reheat them after the initial cooking as well. Don't use any oil or grease.
They are SO much better than the store bought ones. And the ingredient list has no fat or strange stuff.