Home Politics

Sid Blumenthal and US foreign policy?

Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
Clinton friend, Sidney Blumenthal was specifically banned by The President of the United States from working in the State Dept. The Sec State then went around the President's orders and hired Sid to work for The Clinton Foundation.

So, after you read this (email included), was Sid 'working' on US foreign policy? Is this one of those 'personal' emails that Hillary told us that she deleted......... right after an email about her Yoga?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/30/sid-blumenthal-emailed-hillary-about-setting-up-secret-channels-between-insurgents-and-governments/

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,157 AG
    He was , at best, trying to influence Hillary. Do you think he is the only friend of a politician trying to peddle some influence?

How did she go around Obama's orders. Did he ban Blumenthal from working for the Clinton foundation? Is that even within the powers of the President?

It is a personal email since he is not with the State Department or any other Govt. body,

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Gary M wrote: »
    Clinton friend, Sidney Blumenthal was specifically banned by The President of the United States from working in the State Dept. The Sec State then went around the President's orders and hired Sid to work for The Clinton Foundation.

Exactly one of the specific reasons Hillary deserves prison.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    cadman wrote: »
    He was , at best, trying to influence Hillary. Do you think he is the only friend of a politician trying to peddle some influence?

How did she go around Obama's orders. Did he ban Blumenthal from working for the Clinton foundation? Is that even within the powers of the President?

I guess you're not good at connecting the dots that are plainly in front of you.

1) Banned by Obama, she hires him the Foundation where he then gets intimately involved with Hillary on Libya, Europe, policy, etc. Would she be 'happy' if her own SecState did that?

2) I posted earlier that Sid was a financial partner in a company that was trying to get into Libya....... all while he's 'advising' Hillary on Libya. No problems with that?
    I guess you're not good at connecting the dots that are plainly in front of you.

1) Banned by Obama, she hires him the Foundation where he then gets intimately involved with Hillary on Libya, Europe, policy, etc. Would she be 'happy' if her own SecState did that?

2) I posted earlier that Sid was a financial partner in a company that was trying to get into Libya....... all while he's 'advising' Hillary on Libya. No problems with that?

It is still a personal friend and personal emails. He may have been trying to influence her, but he had no official position.

You apparently don't understand politics.

Mini Mart Magnate

• heathenheathen Posts: 7,080 Officer
    It is still a personal friend and personal emails. He may have been trying to influence her, but he had no official position.

gary can't quite understand reality, either. he's convinced there's a pony somewhere in that benghazi/email sack of chit. :grin
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    heathen wrote: »
    gary can't quite understand reality, either. he's convinced there's a pony somewhere in that benghazi/email sack of chit. :grin

To quote Meatloaf:

I know you're looking for a ruby
    In a mountain of rocks
    But there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding
    At the bottom of a Cracker Jack box
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    It is still a personal friend and personal emails. He may have been trying to influence her, but he had no official position. You apparently don't understand politics.

Of course he had no official position! He was BANNED by Soetero/Davis/Obama himself. That's why she went behind his back and paid him for his input! She even passed on his 'advice' emails to others within State. All while standing to gain financially himself in Libya.
    Of course he had no official position! He was BANNED by Soetero/Davis/Obama himself. That's why she went behind his back and paid him for his input! She even passed on his 'advice' emails to others within State. All while standing to gain financially himself in Libya.

he was still a friend trying to peddle influence.

Mini Mart Magnate

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Big surprise, the forum contrarian and 2 left wing boot lickers, contest what is completely obvious.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG

:huh

I was waiting on someone else to post this article. Let's say Hiilary worked for the CIA and want to hire someone but they have been expressly forbidden security clearance. As an operative of the CIA you have worked both sides and amassed a fortune in a personal trust. You pay the person as a contractor out of your trust 300k a year to do for you personal gain and share security secrets with them.

That's not illegal? I guess in the real world, the CIA would give her a machine gun bath at a toll booth.:rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    navigator2 wrote: »
    :huh

I was waiting on someone else to post this article. Let's say Hiilary worked for the CIA and want to hire someone but they have been expressly forbidden security clearance. As an operative of the CIA you have worked both sides and amassed a fortune in a personal trust. You pay the person as a contractor out of your trust 300k a year to do for you personal gain and share security secrets with them.

That's not illegal? I guess in the real world, the CIA would give her a machine gun bath at a toll booth.:rotflmao

Did she share security secrets with him? I have not seen that charge against her. All I saw was him sending emails trying to peddle influence. Say a CIA agent had a friend who could not get security clearance but was feeding him intel for his own gain. Would that be illegal or would it be up to the CIA agent to decide which was valuable intel and which was crap.

Mini Mart Magnate

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    Did she share security secrets with him? I have not seen that charge against her. All I saw was him sending emails trying to peddle influence. Say a CIA agent had a friend who could not get security clearance but was feeding him intel for his own gain. Would that be illegal or would it be up to the CIA agent to decide which was valuable intel and which was crap.

the investigation is not concluded ....

BTW how come Ambassador Stevens had Blumenthal's email address, but Hillary Clinton never gave hers to him.