Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Sebastion Inlet Silent Majority

13»

Replies

• timwfmtimwfm Posts: 258 Deckhand
    :thumbsup
    Snookman77 wrote: »
    Mmikita,
    Just mind your own business and continue on. Did you really expect anything positive to come out of it?
  • duckmanJR wrote: »
    ... what would a firearm add to this crap sandwich?

Entertainment value.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • mmikitammikita Posts: 41 Deckhand
    Wrong again Duckman, It is a violation to set foot on Coconut point no matter how you gained access.
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    mmikita wrote: »
    Wrong again Duckman, It is a violation to set foot on Coconut point no matter how you gained access.

With all your internet credentials, don't you have something better to do with your life than argue and make enemies over a completely superfluous (as it pertains to the premise of the signage in question,) outcropping of rock and sand? There are no birds nesting there that don't also nest elsewhere in abundance. That is an obvious ruse.

What then are you fighting for? Being right? The rule of law? Specifically, superfluous rules that the fringe of society, when they break them have no potential to cause bodily or material harm to anyone or anything? Is it worth it all to you? Does it help you get a good night's sleep knowing you've told off some strangers who were in violation of some dubious signpost, then follow it up by impugning and arguing over the internet with more strangers whom you'll never meet, over the same silliness?

Morality is the basis for good laws, but not all laws. Some laws are amoral, some are immoral. Should they all be defended with the same zeal? I don't think so. 1930s Germany blindly obeyed and defended all the laws created without questioning their morality, and what was the eventual outcome of that? An extreme example, no doubt, but the principle is the same.

To bring it into our little sphere; If I saw someone harvesting a Jewfish, or keep a few ARS for the dinner table, or stake out on a point in the river because it is the best location they can get to by land, I would say nothing because there is no good moral basis or reason, for those prohibitions. However, if I saw someone slip an 8" Mangrove, or 15" Red into their cooler, I would report it because there is good reason and clear moral basis to. Similarly, if a law were passed that prohibited busybody, self-important kayakers from fishing out of their kayaks, and I were to see such a one engaged in such, even if they were needlessly griping out their fellow fishermen as they rounded a point in the river, I would not report them to the authorities because there is no morality behind the law prohibiting them to do so.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,681 AG
    mmikita wrote: »

Look up the statutes pertaining to sovereign state waters ( relating to submerged bottomland )and also check into riparian rights....then come back at me. :rotflmao

Hint...figure out just how far out in the water at Sebastian inlet you must be to be legal...call FWC and ask.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    With all your internet credentials, don't you have something better to do with your life than argue and make enemies over a completely superfluous (as it pertains to the premise of the signage in question,) outcropping of rock and sand? There are no birds nesting there that don't also nest elsewhere in abundance. That is an obvious ruse.

What then are you fighting for? Being right? The rule of law? Specifically, superfluous rules that the fringe of society, when they break them have no potential to cause bodily or material harm to anyone or anything? Is it worth it all to you? Does it help you get a good night's sleep knowing you've told off some strangers who were in violation of some dubious signpost, then follow it up by impugning and arguing over the internet with more strangers whom you'll never meet, over the same silliness?

Morality is the basis for good laws, but not all laws. Some laws are amoral, some are immoral. Should they all be defended with the same zeal? I don't think so. 1930s Germany blindly obeyed and defended all the laws created without questioning their morality, and what was the eventual outcome of that? An extreme example, no doubt, but the principle is the same.

To bring it into our little sphere; If I saw someone harvesting a Jewfish, or keep a few ARS for the dinner table, or stake out on a point in the river because it is the best location they can get to by land, I would say nothing because there is no good moral basis or reason, for those prohibitions. However, if I saw someone slip an 8" Mangrove, or 15" Red into their cooler, I would report it because there is good reason and clear moral basis to. Similarly, if a law were passed that prohibited busybody, self-important kayakers from fishing out of their kayaks, and I were to see such a one engaged in such, even if they were needlessly griping out their fellow fishermen as they rounded a point in the river, I would not report them to the authorities because there is no morality behind the law prohibiting them to do so.

Thanks for that...Too much typing for me.... and with all his "advanced degrees"...I'd just feel stupid and not worthy of questioning his high moral ground.

Also, I cannot believe the nerve of those mouth breathers being right where he wanted to fish....albeit a little late... :rotflmao

I will refer to him henceforth as... Angry hall monitor..in a kayak :wink
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • area52area52 Posts: 519 Officer

Sounds like you relish the role of judge , jury and executioner. I'm very glad you are not in law enforcement, it's obvious you would be very selective in upholding the written law.
    area52 wrote: »
    Sounds like you relish the role of judge , jury and executioner. I'm very glad you are not in law enforcement, it's obvious you would be very selective in upholding the written law.

Sounds like you're scared of people who have brains, common sense, and morality, who choose to exercise them instead of blindly following everything spoonfed to you like some zealous **** Youth.
    :thumbsup
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    I don't think he needs to stop...He has his own opinion and is exercising that right. This is an open forum and as long as he does not violate the terms of use...he's fine.

And for the record...I do not think I am the least bit concerned with PP.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    Sounds like you're scared of people who have brains, common sense, and morality, who choose to exercise them instead of blindly following everything spoonfed to you like some zealous **** Youth.

exactly this... since when is it a bad thing to be an informed citizen capable of critical and rational thought.. because we know a S load govt/state/county mandates are far from rational..
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,593 Captain
    So PescaPu agrees with poaching based on HIS opinion of what is right or wrong i.e. Goliath grouper and ARS but not a 15" red. I suspect he'll also speed or break what ever laws suits HIS higher standards as to right or wrong.
    Like the clowns who slashed the tires exercising their standards.
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,413 Admiral
    How about a little water-slide for the fish...
    An aluminum slide with a hose running from the water to the top that is pumping a small stream of salt water down it just to insure a smooth slide down for the fish without messing up their slime. The slide could stop just above the normal high-tide line, then they hit the water head first every time and slower than they would if you just drop them straight in. Also no skill would be required to release a fish belly flop free.
    Just an idea... I know it will never happen, but still an idea to toss out there. One at the tip, one at the middle, and one at the beginning.
    I'm sure the Jew Fish would love to live under that slide.

I've thought the same thing for years.
  • BmanBman Posts: 66 Greenhorn
    saltybum wrote: »
    So PescaPu agrees with poaching based on HIS opinion of what is right or wrong i.e. Goliath grouper and ARS but not a 15" red. I suspect he'll also speed or break what ever laws suits HIS higher standards as to right or wrong.
    Like the clowns who slashed the tires exercising their standards.

And who's judgment should he rely on.... I'll bet you drive slow in the fast lane to keep those evil speeders in check.
  • jhdog13jhdog13 Posts: 270 Deckhand
    You need to learn how to fish for real. Sebastian Inlet is primarily for amateurs and others who really do not not how to find fish or catch them. Way too many areas that produce quality fish to have to deal with the inlet crowd.
    jhdog13 wrote: »
    You need to learn how to fish for real. Sebastian Inlet is primarily for amateurs and others who really do not not how to find fish or catch them. Way too many areas that produce quality fish to have to deal with the inlet crowd.

:grin I wasn't even going there...but nice to see you did..... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    That...sadly...is NO JOKE. If you are going to the beach and use beach access's ..... You should take your drivers license, Registration, and insurance card along with a small amount of cash in a small plastic waterproof case with you...Leave your car empty (trunk too) with the windows down...This way when Mr. methhead shows up ( he will) ...He has easy access without destroying anything...can rifle thru...get nothing...then break the window on the car next to you.

This is also solid advice for out of the way ramps like biolab or beacon 42 etc....

This is true, even when you're not in a car. The other day someone stole my flip flops off the board walk at Pet Den! And they're size 15!

I thought about coming back here and posting up but thought better of it in the end. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.
  • Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,033 Officer
    Also. I can't believe no one has mentioned. Can we please correct the spelling in the thread title? It's embarrassing.
  • Snookman77Snookman77 Posts: 1,099 Officer
    Also. I can't believe no one has mentioned. Can we please correct the spelling in the thread title? It's embarrassing.

C'mon Dude, it's not embarrassing. Stupid, but not embarrassing.
    This is true, even when you're not in a car. The other day someone stole my flip flops off the board walk at Pet Den! And they're size 15!

I thought about coming back here and posting up but thought better of it in the end. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

They must not have seen you Tom.....they would have thought better of it if they did!
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • FishseekerFishseeker Posts: 82 Greenhorn
    Life is good!
    We have/live in a great country. I can barely remember the last time I gave thanks for the freedoms I mostly take for granted, like not going to bed with gunfire all around or my town not getting shelled by some wacko fanatics.
    Think back to our mind set right after 9/11. I can't see this thread being posted back then as we were all reeling from an horrific dose of reality.
    Two weeks ago I caught red fish (hard to believe but it happened) in the NMZ. Saturday, I am back in NM and was fortunate to harvest a magnificent bull elk ( my skill set for finding elk is much better than for finding quality fish). But I digress, Life is Good. It's good to be vertical and have the opportunity and resources we have.
    Sadly a road rage incident this week claimed the life of a 4 year old girl just a few miles from my home in here Corrales - I'm guessing some of you heard about it.
    While there was certainly a scum-bag perp involved that should be euthanized I'll bet the dad wishes he could "do over" and tap the brake rather than letting his testosterone control his actions that culminated in the death of his child.
    There are too many of you guys with good hearts and good things to say on this forum to let this go any further.
    Adios
    David
    Fishseeker wrote: »
    Life is good!
    We have/live in a great country. I can barely remember the last time I gave thanks for the freedoms I mostly take for granted, like not going to bed with gunfire all around or my town not getting shelled by some wacko fanatics.
    Think back to our mind set right after 9/11. I can't see this thread being posted back then as we were all reeling from an horrific dose of reality.
    Two weeks ago I caught red fish (hard to believe but it happened) in the NMZ. Saturday, I am back in NM and was fortunate to harvest a magnificent bull elk ( my skill set for finding elk is much better than for finding quality fish). But I digress, Life is Good. It's good to be vertical and have the opportunity and resources we have.
    Sadly a road rage incident this week claimed the life of a 4 year old girl just a few miles from my home in here Corrales - I'm guessing some of you heard about it.
    While there was certainly a scum-bag perp involved that should be euthanized I'll bet the dad wishes he could "do over" and tap the brake rather than letting his testosterone control his actions that culminated in the death of his child.
    There are too many of you guys with good hearts and good things to say on this forum to let this go any further.
    Adios
    David
    Fishseeker wrote: »

David, You are 100% correct...and if you read my post #5 and again in the 40's...I was trying to convey that very concept.
    It is important that as both users of the resource and its guardians...we keep our collective eyes open for people violating laws.

BUT.....

As we tell our children.... tell someone! The Police are charged with doing the enforcement and when you go " Hall monitor"...you are sure to eventually run into a bad actor who will be willing to do something that most people would not dream of.

When someones says " mind your business"...It is *all* our business to observe...and report..... But it is only law enforcement that should be doing any reprimanding.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    jhdog13 wrote: »

boom .. nailed it .. just about any trophy fish you can catch at the inlet you can also catch in the river.. and not have to be shoulder to sholder with half of the county while doing it..
  • Jetex2801Jetex2801 Posts: 540 Officer
    Good read! :BUNNY
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    boom .. nailed it .. just about any trophy fish you can catch at the inlet you can also catch in the river.. and not have to be shoulder to sholder with half of the county while doing it..

Yes. For me happiness is Sebastian inlet in the rear view mirror
    Most of the time I prefer to fish alone where there's no one else in sight, but every now and then I like to mix it up, and at the right times, Sebastian Inlet offers some of the best combat fishing :cool this side of the Sunshine Skyway Pier, mostly because the jackholes you have to deal with aren't blowing out your spot when you encounter them. That is unless you paddle your kayak with your pinky fingers out and the land based guys have beat you to your favorite location because they cheated by taking a shortcut through a marked "bird sanctuary" where foot traffic is prohibited, all the while interrupting the early morning solace with the sound of Snail Darter eggs being crushed under their feet.

:banana
  • J-SeaJ-Sea Posts: 202 Officer
    Sebastian Inlet is Horrible. No one should ever fish there.
  • QuiksilverIHBQuiksilverIHB Posts: 467 Officer
    J-Sea wrote: »

:rotflmao

High quality vinyl stickers representing your fishing lifestyle.
    H2O Vinyl Designs
    Check Out My Fishing/Diving Videos

IMO it the best place to fish. You can catch all kind of fish. If you know what you are doing and not stand next to crazy crowd (green horn fisherman or fisherwoman).... . :thumbsup:thumbsup.
    J-Sea wrote: »